View From the Boylan Avenue Bridge

No idea, but unfortunately you missed the scenic, rusty silo that was beautifying this view for years. they tore it down about a year ago or so.

8 Likes

Fantastic. Do it yesterday. Or better still, 10 years ago.

1 Like

Awesome idea! I’ve always wished there were some park benches there too, we can sit and enjoy the view.

1 Like

That’s what was different. I noticed that something had changed last year but couldn’t figure out what it was.

1 Like

I had to look up the plans for the Jackson Street bridge in Atlanta. Looks to be a great road-diet/placemaking project.

7 Likes

Would love something like this for Boylan. I’ve been begging for benches there, so I can just chill and enjoy the views.

5 Likes

Highline/road hybrid. Hmm…I like it! After looking at Google maps, there’s a huge difference between the two streets: namely Boylan crosses rail tracks. I wonder how much say the railroad has in preventing a rebuild? I also measured the width of the two roads, and Boylan seems to be a bit narrower. However, there’s zero reason why we can’t at least narrow the lanes and widen the pedestrian zones on each side (especially the east facing side).

2 Likes

It’ll tie in nicely to our future dream greenway system over the railroad tracks

3 Likes