Village District developments

Isn’t it the height of luxe to eat in bed? I guess that is cool when its an option not a necessity.

2 Likes

No, no, no. You are looking at it all wrong. It’s breakfast in bed.

2 Likes

Just after I read your post I came to this! lol

1 Like

I’m excited for this to expand the retail options further to the outer edge of M. Night Shaymalan’s The Village District

2 Likes

Maybe I missed this but…what retail will make it’s way out here…? A leasing office or something more?

I spy a legacy center sign that was hidden from view, but is now seen from the new apartment construction site.

10 Likes

I saw that today and said, ohhh better get that down!

1 Like

It still lights up at night too.

3 Likes

Vintage is popular with todays youth!

1 Like

Could’ve sworn the plan for this development was 5-7 story apartments with ground floor retail wrapped! Hopefully I’m not misremembering…

Doesn’t look like it’s mixed use by this. 369 apartments and 565 parking space. There are more parking spaces than bedrooms in this project. While it’s not mixed use, it at least is built adjacent to a lot of walkable stores and services.

3 Likes

ahhh BOOOOOO! I’ve been looking forward to this project for no damn reason!

There are some silver linings. 1) more tax base for the city, 2) more residents who can walk to things in their daily lives. 3) it’s an infill project that doesn’t expand the urban area into undeveloped land on the edge of the city.

13 Likes

Yep. It’s Cameron llage

5 Likes

Probably always will be for most people…regardless of a sign.

2 Likes

Yep, changing a name does not change peoples memory. I sill call “Sears Tower” Sears tower and sure that are lot’s of other places/buildings etc that I still call by old name that I do not even know the name has been sanitized.

3 Likes

Cameron Village (based on the remaining sign) Village District apt complex construction

And views to DTR and North Hills

And just a nice view of The Village District as it stands today

#dtraerials #villagedistrictapts

31 Likes

New (tmp) home

e

20 Likes

C’est la vie

16 Likes

lincoln sold his inherited slaves for 64 thousand dollars in todays money and his monument stands?