Village District developments

Reverse view of The Oberlin hotel crane with a hint of what its DTR skyline view will be.

26 Likes

Hotel

Apartments

24 Likes

All good in-fill development. I just hope that the core commercial part would become more pedestrianized. It’s just sad when I see people eating outside and all they get to enjoy for that effort is getting their eyes blasted by the reflection of the sun off the thousands of cars surround them and not much else.

12 Likes

The Oberlin hotel construction from the Smallwood Drive (north) side.

28 Likes

Are these still parking deck floors? If that’s the floor height for the full 7-stories, I still don’t see how that crane is tall enough! I gotta imagine the floor height goes down after the next one or two go up

1 Like

8 Likes

Ok yes, looks like everything after that first (high) floor is about half the floor-height.

1 Like

Lansing pricing bumping the ceiling for the district
?

“Founded by Henry A. Lambert, Lambert Development is a privately owned company known for its expertise in developing luxury condominiums, townhomes, mixed-use retail/loft properties, and commercial space in the U.S. and abroad. Recent projects include The Brannan and The Vega in Durham and Raleigh’s Clark Townhomes and West + Lenoir.
In addition to his passion for urban real estate, Lambert is a devoted cook and connoisseur of fine food. He has authored two cook books and was the founder of a small chain of specialty food stores. He also created a line of refrigerated fresh pastas and sauces that he sold to NestlĂ©; they are marketed as Buitoni. Lambert knows not only how to master a delectable meal, but how to design a kitchen that allows for epicurean excellence.”

BTW, wasn’t Lambert also the developer of the ‘pit’ over off South by old Boulted location
?

4 Likes

Yes. Still a pit. I think the property was even recently rezoned. Still no movement.

Weird because the company selling fresh pasta under the brand name Buitoni seems to think it was founded by an Italian peasant lady in 1827, not a shady Raleigh real estate developer. I’m no detective but sure seems like someone’s not telling the truth. About - Freshly Made Italian Pasta, Sauces & Cheese

4 Likes

At nearly $750 a foot, and given that this isn’t some sort of building that’s loaded with amenities, it’s clearly bumping the ceiling. It will be interesting to see if this sells. I certainly don’t think that this is going to sell quickly.
That said, at least this location is walkable to a variety of community amenities and the university.
For comparison, I bought my condo downtown new (with chosen upgrades) for $232 a foot back in 2005.

2 Likes

I mean, those are Fairweather penthouse prices

For that kind of money, you’d think that they’d have a secured website
 :roll_eyes:
Try clicking that link and see what you get.

2 Likes

If you stand in the gully by the creek you can almost convince yourself it’s actually six stories

15 Likes

Ran down the street this fronts last night - huge, HUGE shortsighted/missed opportunity not putting any street level activation here. Just a waste of potential.

2 Likes

the Birney at Fairview and Oberlin condos are being offered for $1100 psf.

1 Like

Delightfully toney and purposeful accoutrements, t’be certain old chap!?

1 Like

Thank you for remembering me!

7 Likes

The Oberlin hotel progress photos.

South and West elevations.

22 Likes

24 Likes