Wake County General Services (401 Capital Blvd)

Basically, what does it take to get one built, market analysis, cost, etc. Why DOESN’T DTR have one? What are we missing?

2 Likes

Okay, while all of this is possible to obtain, I am curious why the bar is set so high on this topic alone?
I don’t pretend to know why a business decision may be made to put in a cinema complex, but I can speculate. I can also “mapfrappe” examples like others have done so with stadiums, arenas, etc. I can give examples of why certain locations might work better than others, and I can even talk about how an urban model might be part of a large complex or taller building. Is that what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Can we just move Alamo Draft House to downtown proper? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Eventually we’ll just move downtown closer to the Alamo.

13 Likes

Aerial of this property being considered for RFP.

10 Likes

Greater Smokey Hollow has the opportunity to be something really special and unexpected as of just a few years ago. “Phase 4” has the potential to be really significant.

6 Likes

I think that could actually happen. The other option would be a previously discussed urbanization of that strip center to make the whole thing a better experience and a de facto neighborhood center.

2 Likes

Rezoning for this block (.95 acres)!!!

Current DX-12-UG, requesting DX-40-UG-CU.
Shows owner as Dawson Lane, LLC
Longleaf Partners is handling the case for the client
No neighborhood meeting has been held yet, so it’s odd that the rezoning case has been submitted. I thought a neighborhood meeting had to be held prior to submission.

EDIT: This is actually the Longleaf Hotel plot, NOT the Wake County General Services off Harrington St.

15 Likes

Frankly, it’s hard to believe that this wasn’t already rezoned to 40! Git’er done before a future council of no.

5 Likes

LLC shares an address with Loden Properties

1 Like

Had to look them up. They are local and it doesn’t look like they’ve done anything near a skyscraper.

Real estate play. Probably a deal contingent on this rezoning being approved.

1 Like

Wrong link? This is for the Longleaf hotel block.

3 Likes

You are :100: correct. I completely misread this one on the wire. So sorry to get everyone stirred up about this block. I was excited to see this happening! Good catch, Mike!
:man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes