Wells Fargo Building

How much space is Wells Fargo occupying in there? I am missing something on the ownership side here…is Wells selling it or was it previously pawned off on an investment firm to free up some cash? I sort of lost track after they acquired it in the the Wachovia merger. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see Wells out the picture entirely, and then maybe recast the ground floor less as a high and mighty bank lobby and more of an active street presence. I am sure it could be done while retaining the skin above ground level…

I really wish they had put a spire or crown on top of this building. I like the overall design of the building (but I have never been inside), with the exception that it is too dark. But really feel like they missed an opportunity to put something on top of it. It looks incomplete, like they ran out of money during construction. Just think about having another spire, crown, or dome on top that could be lit up at night. I think it would enhance the nighttime skyline. Whereas now, because of the dark exterior, it practically disappears when viewed from a distance.

1 Like

There was originally suppose to be a pyramid shaped frame on top, but it was cut to save money. Also, Wells Fargo is just a tenant. They never owned the building.

2 Likes

I dont think any of the banks own their buildings around here, or many places. They just have the nameing rights and are typically a larger tenent in the building. I doubt anything will change with Wells Fargo’s nameing rights or presence in building due to the sell.

They sure did. They have 1/4 of the 4th floor too. It includes an outdoor space overlooking Fayetteville st.

http://investors.pacapts.com/2018-07-31-Preferred-Apartment-Communities-Inc-Announces-Acquisition-of-a-Class-A-Office-Property-in-Raleigh-North-Carolina-Through-its-Wholly-Owned-Subsidiary-Preferred-Office-Properties-LLC

I used to work for this company! They are awesome. They just bought the Wells Fargo Building.

Been seeing some changes here in the building.

New sign in the lobby is branding the building as:

150 Fayetteville
Wells Fargo Capitol Center

Kane Realtors Officially put 150 Fayetteville on their website

http://www.kanerealtycorp.com/project/150-fayetteville/

Not sure why they show the BB&T building in the very first photo on a page for the Wells Fargo Building.

1 Like

The building needs a new top or crown to distinguish it, or innovative lighting. How do you jazz up ‘90s brown?

I have no idea how you would fix its aesthetics. While it was arguably the more attractive of the two new towers (by standards then) back in the early 90s, the BB&T tower’s classic deco-inspired aesthetic has aged more gracefully. Was it the BofA building that was recently face-lifted on Fayetteville St.? That building was also trendy with Post-Modern nods to its design that were popular in the early 80s. It clearly didn’t age as well either and now it has a new trendy facade, that is also likely to not age well.
It can be done, but it’s not cheap.

3 Likes

The Wells Fargo building looks fine to me. The BB&T one looks gross with all that concrete and seafoam green…

2 Likes

If you mean the BB&T building, I have seen on other boards where many people have thought it was a very good design for Raleigh…perhaps even the best. The Neo Art Deco (or whatever it’s called) is a nice contrast to the standard glass box that keeps showing up now.

3 Likes

Well there’s no accounting for taste…

I hadn’t really seen these for Bagwell Plaza. A nice upgrade to a slightly dated public space.

9 Likes

That’s awesome! I love how they accidentally removed the AT&T building from the render :joy:

2 Likes

Here is looking down on the plaza and you can see the patio Pendo built last year on the right side on the 4th floor.

8 Likes

Drone I would assume? If not you’re a daredevil.

1 Like

Shot with my Sony A7III hand held. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

10 Likes