Wells Fargo Building

I like the way Wells Fargo looks except at night.

I like the way the BB&T building looks except in the rain.

I like the way PNC looks from one angle, and only one (directly at its west side)

In conclusion, Raleigh is a land of contrasts.

2 Likes

Though the Wells Fargo building was recently sold to Highwoods, it did not stop an ongoing project to upgrade the exterior lighting of the building. Tonight, the building will be lit up with a (hopefully bright) new lighting scheme. New LED floods were installed on the 6th and 27th floors and are capable of being programmed with colors and movement. A future project to light up the 29th and 30th floor is in limbo with the recent sale but hopefully it will continue.

21 Likes

That is truly awesome! Thank you for sharing! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m loving all the new lights in our skyline!!!

1 Like

Saw this last night! Was too far away to get a good picture but it looked really cool!

6 Likes

There is a lot of teasing going on in this thread. Many thanks to whoever can post a picture of these new lights!

8 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t see it during the testing phase months ago but everyone involved described it as being “really cool” as well

2 Likes

image1 image0 image2 image3

38 Likes

Turn it red for Wolfpack and Canes wins!! (Is there no Hurricane Imoji?) @dtraleigh this must be fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That’s amazing! I always thought it was unfortunate how underwhelming the lighting was for being the 3rd most prominent tower in the skyline. Sometimes you could figure it was there at night. This is a great addition!

6 Likes

Oh F**K YEAH. The last pic is super vapor-wave. And yes to @Nickster but win or not, all buildings downtown with lighting should glow red for Canes home games, like how Charlotte does sky-blue skyline for home Panthers games.

6 Likes

This is awesome!!! Highwoods would do well to finish this project.

1 Like

Wow, huge oversight. I’m so embarrassed and ashamed I missed that. :grimacing:

:hurricanes:

22 Likes

a bit blurry, but you can definitely see the lighting changes. i like it!

15 Likes

Looks much more regal now

7 Likes

Couldn’t get a picture because I was driving, but even from 440 the lighting makes a huge difference. Great addition.

3 Likes

From the top of the West last night.

42 Likes

@OakCityDylan

Looks like your work paid off.

11 Likes

I’d LOVE to think I had even 1% to do with it, but Bill said they were working on it and MAB replied saying staff was also working on it. Just excited to see the red skyline tonight!
:red_circle: :red_square: :red_circle: :red_square: :red_circle:

11 Likes

hoping someone gets some pics of the lights tonight :smiley:

3 Likes