William Peace and Seaboard Station

I see Cline Design has chosen a different little hat to go on their latest generic square.

4 Likes

I know… I was assuming it would look more like this.

I like that rooftop deck. It’ll have great views of downtown!

8 Likes

Touché. My snark has been met with snark. :wink:

4 Likes

Very impressive design, will blend in well with smoky hollow 1, 2, and 3 if this becomes reality and gets built.

3 Likes

Much MUCH better than the last one!

Current shots of Seaboard Station prior to construction.

View of DTR skyline from Seaboard.

23 Likes

When is the Archdale Building supposed to come down?

2 Likes

/s? Not at all. Source…I work in it.

5 Likes

Old rumor. I can’t even find it any more.

Not soon enough. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

It was in the McCrory Project Phoenix ‘maybe’ section.

Is that the PS2 building?

10 Likes

Can’t wait for this one to get started. Downtown needs a defined northern border, and I feel like this will provide it. And hopefully will give the state the push it needs to start doing something with the rest of their under-utilized property.

6 Likes

I hope never. Once it’s surrounded by cooler looking buildings y’all will finally appreciate it for its “so-ugly-it’s-cute” appeal like I do :triumph:

10 Likes

You can have your Playstation building, @Jake. I’d MUCH prefer us build more tall buildings before we start tearing down one of our tallest. There are barely any windows so just build up around it so you can’t see it as well from 99% of angles.

6 Likes

Exactly! Hell, paint it black and literally call it the “PS2 Building” - it would become a tourist destination!

6 Likes

I think that was for the original soccer stadium plan. They were supposed to buy 13 acres right there and take down a bunch of buildings. Pretty sure that’s been completely given up on in favor of DoSo.

1 Like

What exactly is in that building?

I agree. I made a similar point about the Holiday Inn. When buildings like that are the only/ most prominent tall buildings around they tend to garner negative reactions, but when they are surrounded by other buildings and don’t dominate the skyline it is easier to appreciate them as examples of interesting and quirky architecture.

11 Likes

gubment.
:wink:
In all seriousness, did y’all know that One Glenwood is the same height as the Archdale Building? Archdale seems taller, probably because of its small footprint. IMO, the shame of the Archdate Building is that it’s a poor use of land. It’s sitting on a ton of valuable land in a park-like setting. If a proper tower would be built there, the state could probably unload a lot of other parcels throughout the city and consolidate employees around Halifax Mall. There’s even a completely empty parcel there on N. Salisbury that the State could use to build another building.

3 Likes