William Peace and Seaboard Station

Financing has been secured for Phase 1. $70.6M loan. First phase to be delivered by end of 2022. 7 stories, 300 apts, 30k sf retail.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/01/11/seaboard-station-financing-hoffman-associates.html

Edit: hope it still includes the fountain referenced by @RaleighBikeLady last November. This seems to be the Block B that was described in those posts.

10 Likes

More digging for underground garage and Hoffman branding

29 Likes

30 Likes

I guess this shit is really happening!

6 Likes

It’s deep.

25 Likes

Maybe we’ll get a crane here before 301 Hillsborough is dropped.
:building_construction:

12 Likes

coming into DT Raleigh from the north now is quite impressive. I’ve been gone for 12 years.

13 Likes

Where is the big hole that all that dirt is filling. :laughing:

Digging pretty deep there!

I can see a Mt. William Peace in our future.

2 Likes

Wow :flushed:

25 Likes

O/U on the number of days until we get a crane here?

They should just turn it into a giant pool with a wave machine!

9 Likes

Be kind of dangerous with all the parked cars mixed in with the waves. :grin:

3 Likes

It could be an urban tsunami simulator.

5 Likes

Man you read my mind lol, We been looking into these other projects, but this is looking good just what we need for that area and we all know Hoffman will deliver a stunning product .

3 Likes

Someone who works at a place here told my neighbor that the hotel deal fell through. Not sure how reliable that is, but that would be a bummer.

It would take balls of steel to commit to a hotel project at the moment. That’s zero surprise to me. Raleigh should consider itself lucky that we are one of the places where investment of any kind is coming to its core right now.

5 Likes

Great so basically we’re going to have some generic apartments in a corner of downtown that people forget about already. Sigh. I get John’s point, but it’s frustrating to watch all these hotel projects get cancelled.

7 Likes

These generic apartments are a double edged sword. On the one hand, they are painfully bland; on the other hand, they bring life to the city center that spurs more development. If I were told 25 years ago that there’d be thousands of these units put into the market by today, I would have been delighted. Looking at it in a half full glass sort of way, it’s moving the needle to better experiences overall.

11 Likes