William Peace and Seaboard Station

Hey I got a picture of this! Totally different picture. Really brings out the concrete…

16 Likes

Love the details and perspective!

5 Likes

I’ll miss the view from that mezzanine :ship::sunrise:

1 Like

@Nosyarg, I think I may have gotten your mezzanine view in these shots somewhere.

31 Likes

Wow! I try not to swear on here, but holy poop!! That’s stunning, thank you for documenting these! I’m blown away to see the sudden change at a place I know so well!

6 Likes

when are they scheduled to start going vertical? does anyone recall?

2 Likes

They moved some stuff around since my last pictures.

19 Likes

Do we think this new development will be visible from the Southbound Capital Blvd entrance into the city? All the new Smoky Hollow/Glenwood South development has really made that drive in feel like you’re entering a dense, urban environment and I love it. With more density visible to the East (or to the left of your view entering this direction), it would increase that feeling tenfold. At 7-10 stories it’ll probably be somewhat close in height to the Albermarle Building I’d think, which is definitely visible from this direction…

4 Likes

Whenever the state gov. vacates the PS2 building, it needs to be converted into a Video Game Museum / Arcade with old school games / & E-sports center.

16 Likes

Good question. Can someone look up the height of the new building(s) and I can fly to that AGL and see if Capital Blvd is visible. Probably the best estimation at this juncture.

4 Likes

I have to say that building has sort of grown on me in its uniqueness and oddness. I kind of want it to stay just for its quirky contrast to sleek and hip new construction.

9 Likes

Indeed. I love it - I bet it sucks inside, but I love the exterior

4 Likes

The Archdale building can become the Arcadedale building.

6 Likes

I wasn’t able to get a picture, but just drove by and Sunflower Cafe is no more. Fencing is up and the building is reduced to rubble.

7 Likes

Perhaps a bit more than demolition on the big lot already?

13 Likes

I’d love to see a Peace sized apartment/condo building on that lot

FYI I’m referring to your comment about another lot beside this project

It feels so much bigger than it was. Shows you how much space that surface parking took up.

16 Likes

That’s a really good point/observation Leo. American cities are likely at least 50% surface lots when all is said and done.

4 Likes

Took a look for myself this weekend.

15 Likes