William Peace and Seaboard Station

That parking ratio though…

507 spaces, 220 apartments.

Plans for block D (Ace Hardware, etc) are reportedly for that to stay as-is for now.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be a block E development to replace the gas station along Peace. Maybe the city should go ahead and rezone it for 12, maybe even 20 storiesn and the developer can go ahead and acquire that next.

7 Likes

EVP of Hoffman, John Florian said the project is designed to foster a more walkable experience. I guess that is after you parked your car?

2 Likes

perhaps he means for those who live there…not to have to get their car out of the garage.

3 Likes

If (and it’s a big if) the ground floor retail is filled, this will be a nice extension of the N. Person St. retail/dining corridor and could really lend critical mass to both districts.

3 Likes

A future challenger in the Apartment Madness 2022~2023!

2 Likes

The city never should have let Peace U sever Franklin Street.

5 Likes

Hmm looks like that was in 2005. For what its worth, looks like the Peace master plan tries to reconnect this as a substantial pedestrian pathway.

9 Likes

That’s not bad, actually! Hopefully that pedestrian connector will be open to the public and not gated off in some way.

1 Like

Progress Pics

28 Likes

2 Likes

Getting closer to going vertical!

26 Likes

Someone send that photo to Kane Realty and show them that it can be done. Not all parking has to be above ground!

9 Likes

Here’s hoping! With any luck, Hoffman will figure out Raleigh is good spot to keep developing.
Weren’t they the group that got the RUSBus bid?

4 Likes

They figured it out at North Hills, but I agree I think they needs a reminder.

2 Likes

Let’s do a caption contest. Reply to this post with your caption and “vote” for your favorite, or favorites, with a heart!

4 Likes

“I wasn’t sure about this restaurant, since it’s just in a big apartment building. But man, underground parking?! I didn’t know Raleigh had that!”

2 Likes

“What do you mean Raleigh isn’t a real city”

4 Likes

No, no, no. This IS what I meant when I suggested double dating!

19 Likes

I like that John is my friend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How about those Canes? Amirite?