William Peace and Seaboard Station

I mean now, I don’t know if they did. I think Raleigh citizens thought it was supposed to be a quaint town and the older folks “save our neighborhoods” folks still want that today. And I think it’s a southern thing we like to eat and chill. The folks here, not the younger ones think our city is fine where we are. I believe that’s why we had the struggles of today.

I’d love to see a Puttshack go into the entertainment space in Building C. I’m not sure how big the square footage of their locations but it could be a smaller scaled location. This would be a cool attraction for downtown.

Pictures from: https://instagram.com/puttshack?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

21 Likes

Always wanted one of these in the old kimbrells on Fay st

9 Likes

Maybe the folks from ParTee Shack would be interested? They’re local, and their location down 401 is pretty fun.

3 Likes

The block C entertainment anchor space is ~27,000 sq ft.

For comparison: Hoffman has a proposed project underway next to DC’s Major League Soccer stadium, maybe 0.5-1 mile east of the Wharf. In November, they signed a 38,000 sq ft lease with Brooklyn Bowl for bowling + music:

Swingers, an indoor mini-golf concept, signed a 24,000 sq ft lease two blocks east in 2021 – replacing a different bowling alley that backed out of a lease during 2020.

10 Likes

They started pouring the first floor today. Couldn’t snap a photo while driving.

17 Likes

I have no clue where this should go but William Peace University has created a degree for Esports and Gaming Administration. See more below.

11 Likes

That’s interesting. Now gamers can literally major in gaming. I’m curious to see how that program may affect the city’s stature in esports, and how that program morphs and partners with other universities that may bolster the program.

5 Likes

It would benefits use we can become the Esports capital of the world. That works toward my dream of you know what.

That’s pretty interesting you can get a full Bachelors degree in it now. I know Wake Tech has had a video game development associates certificate for over a decade now. I knew some guys who did the Wake Tech route and ended up at Epic Games in the area.

Simulation and Game Development | Wake Tech

6 Likes

Wake Tech > Epic? That’s huge education>career ROI. Good for them!!!

11 Likes

William Peace University actually has an undergraduate Simulation and Game Design program as well, and they’ve been partnering with Wake Tech for several years. Their partnership means that anyone who completes the Wake Tech program is guaranteed admission to WPU, and can transfer between 55-70 hours toward their degree at WPU. I know a few people who have gone this route, and it seems to be a great option.

10 Likes

3rd crane on site

32 Likes

Who knew we’d have such an amazing new year present at this site???
:building_construction:

16 Likes

Seaboard is moving right along. Going to be real nice when done. Really just hope it can be made to feel seamless with the rest of downtown in the future. Looking at you- state complex and Zimmer land.

We won’t talk about that ridiculous article about people complaining over the construction and “lack” of parking or me almost getting hit in twice in 2 minutes walking on Peace though.

41 Likes

I wonder if all those power lines in that 2nd pic are gonna be buried. That alone would do alot to improve the look of this corner.

7 Likes

Are those power lines? Most of them appear to be for the stops lights and some type of cable.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken - the right-side of the pic behind the crosswalk, and in the back between the construction site and the new apartment building. For traffic signals though, I think something like this (pic taken from Bloc 83) would fit the new development a lot more than what’s there now.

6 Likes

The red circled poles carry high voltage transmission lines. These are impossible to bury and expensive to relocate. They are not going anywhere. The site plan for Seaboaord was literally designed around leaving them in place, with a wider setback along Halifax.

The rest are distribution and telco lines, which can be buried - and often are, as a part of a project like this. I have no specific information but I certainly hope they will be buried.

15 Likes

This looks really nice.

2 Likes