William Peace and Seaboard Station

I agree! If only they were placed all around downtown at all the major intersections, lol.

That makes sense to build around them. They could dress em up and have buildings on both sides of the lines.

From West St

33 Likes

Floor 2 going up.

30 Likes

You almost forget just how close this is to Peace St. It’s going to make a huge impact from the road perspective.

2 Likes

Yeah, like a real city. :wink:

2 Likes

New parking deck :rotating_light:.

20 Likes

I’ll look nice with those other towers by the auto shop.

I noticed that giant block of concrete a few days ago!!! Someone PLEEEEEEEESE tell me that thing will be fully wrapped lmao (I believe it will be…)

1 Like

All wrapped except for a section at the west side.

18 Likes

I can live with that!

2 Likes

That exposed deck area is a huge opportunity for some public art, a vertical green wall, a video wall, etc.

13 Likes

The view from Logan’s. This is very surreal walking around here now, seeing how different it is.

36 Likes

View from Bienvenidos Tacos where I am grabbing lunch

27 Likes

Lol isn’t it just Tacos El Patron, and the Bienvenidos on the sign just welcoming you in Spanish to the establishment? I’m honestly asking!

7 Likes

You are 100% right. I was inside and just looked up at name that is painted inside to write that down. Lol

2 Likes

Lol no worries. It made me laugh and then second guess myself. Thanks for the pic!

This vibes with the time I heard someone order a “Pancho Vi-LA” at Optimist in my theory that most of North Carolina slept through Spanish class.

Feels like we got out the ground pretty quickly here. Really anxious to see how it all comes together with the other 20 story project.

My main concern is how we get this part of Downtown to actually feel like a cohesive part of the city and not a separate district. Maybe if zimmer and Devereaux park happen there can be additional bike ped facilities over capital and maybe one day we can consolidate / redevelop some state properties.

40 Likes

On the north side, the city is unfortunately straddled with the dead zone that’s the government mall of buildings that run from the Legislature Building nearly all the way to Peace St. The Elan Apartments help but we need more street activation to run along the Gov’t Mall’s east and West sides.

1 Like