William Peace and Seaboard Station

19 Likes

Yep we’re the state capitol so we have work around the state in everything.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dorothea Dix Park

34 Likes

hopefully not mistaken for a urinal

27 Likes

23 Likes

Also, future outdoor seating? This is what I’m talking about.

31 Likes

I love the idea of the outdoor covered seating, but I don’t understand why it’s not connected to the building, and why the canopy doesn’t extend a bit past the columns. This sort of canopy won’t provide the best protection from Sun and rain.

5 Likes

Probably to keep the sidewalk clear so people can walk by?

1 Like

You may run into some fire rating issues if the canopy is connected to the building.

3 Likes

You can still walk by if there’s a canopy overhead. You can still keep the outdoor seating area sequestered.

There’s attachment of canopies and outdoor dining on 222 Glenwood, but I don’t think it’s 5-over-1 construction. The construction type could be a limiter. Nonetheless, it probably could have had a solution if it was thought out beforehand.

Depends how tall you are… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.

I would’ve guessed that it was a shelter/walkway that leads to the underground parking below (kind of like the escalators in North Hills Main District), but since there isn’t an opening on the ground that goes below…I guess not?

I hope I’m wrong though. I love stuff like that, downtown could use those types of features. Gives big-city vibes.

2 Likes

Great idea. Horrible execution. Aside from your sun / rain comment, which is absolutely true…

This space looks like it could fit maybe 2 or 3 small tables that would sit 2-4 people each. Why is there fencing all around? There won’t be any room for patrons or the waitstaff to get to the far end of the area. And only one small entrance that everyone funnels through. It’s like being in a window seat on the airplane and you have to use the bathroom.

3 Likes

There’s an opening on both ends, I jogged past it today. Agree about the size/shape, though. Maybe they’re going to do bar seating around the outside?

Maybe it’s like a covered scooter/bike storage kind of thing.

7 Likes

That seems logial @mmodlin, that it is a covered area for scooters, bikes. Nothing else really makes any sense.

Quick update

34 Likes