I put together this map and I feel it’s ready to partially share. I say partially because I started this little project with two objectives:
- Build a map showing Raleigh buildings and what year they are built in
- Make observations and maybe find something smart or insightful
Well I satisfied my technical side with accomplishing the first point but the second point, not sure I’m seeing much. I’m sharing now to see if others may have something. What do you think?
What are you looking at?
- This is a May 2022 snapshot of all property parcel data from the city. (see iMaps)
- Using the “YEAR_BUILT” field, I grouped everything into decades on the map.
- You can choose a few decades to compare where all the buildings are.
Important to note is that this is a snapshot in time, not buildings OVER time so a 1920s house torn down and replaced in 2015 would show as a build in the 2010s, for example.
I see a couple things but what might you observe here? Throwing it out there to maybe start a thread on it. Thanks!