Zimmer - Peace at Capital (SE Corner) - 506 Capital Blvd

You very well may be right, as this is an expansion of their traditional scope of work, but I was encouraged when they stated that they would not need outside capital to fund the project. Whatever the project ends up being, they will own 100% of it. I got the impression these guys know what they’re doing.

6 Likes

Thanks for the extra info and sharing your impressions. Very interesting that they said they would not need outside capital. You are correct that a lot of my doubt comes from their lack of track record with anything this ambitious. Hope they can pull it off!

1 Like

In past, only State agencies that ‘have their own money’ were sent to non-State owned facilities. E.g., those that run primarily on Federal funds or generate substantial receipts. Interestingly my agency is both of those…

The area to the east of the creek is going to be a park. West of that will be developed. Maybe that star references that part of the block?

1 Like

The 4 is intended to represent the future hotel on West. I suggested they add Devereux Meadows to the presentation for next time.

2 Likes

Maybe somebody else can merge the proposed Zimmer model and a massing of Kane Phase III into this shot. What an entrance into DTR that would make! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Markers for those that may not be as familiar with the proposed locations.

14 Likes

Here’s my attempt Dylan… I dumped into PPT, then drew shapes, then took a photo of my screen with my iphone. That’s why it’s so grainy. Personally, if we were going to have 2 towers here, I’d like for there to be some variation. First of all, I don’t want them the same height. Let one be several floors taller than the other. Secondly, I’d prefer for them to not both be pushed to Peace. Both have extended pedestals and I’d like one of those towers forward toward Peace and the other pushed back from Peace on its pedestal.

21 Likes

Huh, got to say, I am not sure I like the Mordor Castle Gates look.

6 Likes

Now we just need that barn-like building across the street to be rezoned. Anyone know what property that is?

Agreed. I’d like something like this better.

8 Likes

State property I believe. Going to be a park and a possible 20 story building.

1 Like

Haha, though if you’re going nerd, go full nerd. It most closely resembles the Argonath statues in Fellowship.

9 Likes

I do like that better.

Yeah I saw the same thing.

28 Likes

Now that’s the kind of unique architecture we need downtown!

6 Likes

Honestly, this is probably more likely anyway - aside from the incredibly misleading click-bait headlines from N&O and IndyWeek, we currently have zero reason to believe Kane wants to go all the way to the full 40 story limit. He might just want to do 25-30 stories, but still needs to apply for 40 story rezoning because of our asinine height limit guidelines.

4 Likes

Agreed. I would think that the city could put conditions on any rezoning request if they wanted to do that. Frankly, I wouldn’t be disappointed if the city came back and capped Kane’s phase 3 at, say, 350 feet if they approved the other corner as proposed.

1 Like

“Think of the terrible shadows the statues will cast”
— Old Man Proudfoot of Oakwoodshire

11 Likes

I thought there were early massings that Kane put out just to demonstrate what building may be structured like. Seemed to show 40 storys

#TouristAttraction (belongs in different thread, haha)

2 Likes