101 New Homes off Poole Rd

Progress on the Poole Road Subdivision is coming along. Hard to tell but looks like lots of the tree clearing has been completed.

7 Likes

Saw online that these homes are now listed at ā€œComing Soonā€ on Meritage Homes website. Curious what price they will sell for given the current market.

2 Likes

If itā€™s anything like whatā€™s going on in Cary and Apex right now, they already have a waiting list long enough to fill the neighborhood and will go to the ā€œbest offerā€ process instead of the traditional new construction method.

I just want to express how much I detest when garages make up the majority of a front facade. This isnā€™t a new phenomenon, but these plans are particularly ghastly. They will no doubt sell well.

13 Likes

I agree 150%. Itā€™s like a garage with a house attached.

4 Likes

Yup. Only way to squeeze them in with narrow lots and still have a back yard. Rear garages are becoming increasingly popular In new construction but the huge draw back is you basically lose the back yard which is a deal breaker for a lot. A cool compromise Iā€™m starting to see (also in my house) is a detached rear garage. We have a 18ā€™ wide house and 26ā€™ wide lot but with the garage detached in the back we still have a yard. Hope this is something more builders catch on to.

7 Likes

Is your model The Paper? I just snooped the Wendell Falls site because Iā€™m interested to see what a 18ā€™ wide model looks like!

The scissors!
Yes the group of plans is rock, paper, scissors, shoot, tiebreaker :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what my new construction home (well, from 8 years ago) did. I honestly kind of hate it and want a normal house with a double garage in front with a real driveway. But yes, I do get a back yard for the dogsā€¦ A tiny, tiny back yard.

7 Likes

Do you dislike the walk from the garage,or how detached it eats up your yard? Curious because I like this set up, but have never lived in a house like this.

I dislike that the garage is too small to put any normal sized car in, that the driveway ā€œparking padā€ barely fits one car, and that I basically have to park on the street in front of the house where all my neighbors and their guests are fighting over space for the same reasons. I also hate that neither car is protected from the elements, that this useless shed of a garage takes up a huge chunk of my tiny yard, and that we have to walk through the rain with groceries a couple hundred feet every time.

Glad to get that off my chest! Lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that the garage isnā€™t even big enough for a normal sized car! How did they get away with that? Sorry man.

1 Like

I think whatever the minimum size requirement is was used. Which means if I wanted to have nothing whatsoever inside my garage, I could fit a compact car. I couldā€™ve shelled out for the 2 car garage and been able to maybe fit 1 car, and have even more of the yard gone. Itā€™s not a bad house and neighborhood, just annoying and something I would avoid in the next house. Definitely donā€™t want one of those all-garage house fronts like the link above either tho.

2 Likes

I would actually go for a set-up like yours but Iā€™d definitely not want such a tiny garage and small driveway that a second car couldnā€™t be parked behind the house.
Have you thought about making that extra space next to your garage a hybrid parking space and yard by using pavers or a plastic grid system that allow grass to grow through them?

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s actually enough room, and Iā€™d honestly rather just park in front. Also, HOAsā€¦

2 Likes

That would really suck! I have an 18*20 garage and then full 20ā€™ long driveway so it works well.

I like the idea of garage in the back, but I guess the reality can be lousy.
@atl_transplant is your garage in the back?

2 Likes

Yes with a courtyard type yard in between the house and garage

3 Likes

Garages are for CARS!!!??? Darn I have been using mine wrong. Have garage space for 5 Explorer sized SUVā€™s but and only get one in ARRRRRRR.

Looks like Ashton Woods is adding some townhomes ā€œTowns at Oakviewā€ very close to this neighborhood. 75 two-story front entry townhomes off of Poole @ Williams.

If Iā€™d have to guess maybe around 300-350K look around 1400 sq ft.

Related: What is the state doing with this land directly adjacent? We could get a huge mixed use development here or just a huge residential development even. Prime location. Huge waste of land.

5 Likes