121 Fayetteville

Way I read that is 7 story parking and all building replacing removed part of parking. No parking in building itself.

1 Like

Biz Journal just popped a story on this for those with subscriptions.

9 Likes

TBJ has just published a article on 121 Fayetteville St . Tower .

Everything to the left of the Alexander Square Parking Entrance stays. The tower goes on the right of the current parking entrance.

I also like how ALL images of 121 F on the official website try to avoid capturing Wells Fargo building so that people don’t compare the likely smaller 121 F to the larger Wells Fargo tower.

7 Likes

A couple of items to thwart the thought that this will be a squatty little building:

• if built as proposed, would become the largest office building in Raleigh with 814,603 sq ft. PNC is 729,000 sq ft. Wells Fargo is 544,000 sq ft.

• PNC is a collection of parking, mechanical, office, and residential. That is a lot of varying floor heights. Through 33 floors, the mass of PNC tops out at around 400 feet.

• 121 Fayetteville, with parking levels, mechanical, and only office floor plates above, lead to the ability for the massing of this building to actually be taller than PNC, Wells Fargo (400’), or even BB&T (431’).

I’ll hold back my excitement for a new tallest “looking” building until later in the process but it is a possibility.

7 Likes

Isn’t PNC 538’? The spire is 138’ tall?

1 Like

The spire and crown are around 90-100’ and the box below is around 30-40’.

2 Likes

Looks like my reading was not correct. - lol, 11 floors of parking (based on drawing above) I will make me dizzy just driving up to the top.

Haha my question would be how likely do we think that an 800,000 square foot building will actually get built. There are very few companies in the area that could possibly need to lease enough space to anchor this tower. Unless they are willing to build on spec or if they only need a very low amount pre leased for financing (such as 20% or less) then I don’t see it happening.

Wait wait wait I just read the article and they say they want to be “shovel ready” by early 2020. So maybe they will build on spec if not then maybe they know something we don’t.

5 Likes

I read that 800K sf to include the parking. I think the actual rentable area is 375k sf.

“Plans for the office building feature 375,000 square feet of rentable space”

I think you guys counted the total sqft including amenities, retail and all the parking.

Yes it sounds very much like on spec and construction start early 2020 pending approvals.

For me the interesting part is that half of the Alexander square deck is used. Perhaps there could be an expansion in the future on top of the other half.

1 Like

Okay haha that makes way more sense 375 is still big but not insane.

Except for this one.

9 Likes

It makes a nice bookend effect at the end of Fayetteville!

6 Likes

I’m thinking that since there renovating there other building across the street that they also may have some tenets interested in the new building and whom also want to expand?

Wells Fargo tower has always looked lonely to me, which also makes it look taller than the BB&T building. It will be nice to have something else on that end of Fayetteville

7 Likes

I’m still trying to parse the floors on this one. Here’s the best I can make so far, comparing it to the under-construction Tower 4.

32 stories - Downtown Raleigh - 121 Fayetteville Tower

• 1 lobby/retail level
  • 7 levels parking
  • 15 floors office (floors 16 - up)
  • (25K square foot floorplates)
  • 375K sf total office and retail space

20 stories - North Hills - Advanced Auto Parts Tower

• 1 lobby/retail level
  • 8 levels parking
  • 11 floors office
  • (29K square foot floorplates)
  • 329K sf total office space

So this tower about almost 2 floor’s worth more space than Tower 4, but with 25K instead of 29K plates, so it’s taller. But I can’t identify those other floors that aren’t office or get the exact office floor count.

1 Like

Yeah, but isn’t Wells Fargo going to be losing half of their parking with this?