121 Fayetteville

I would assume since it’s the same owners that they’ll share the parking in this new building.

9 to 16 new secret headquarters for Area 51 :rofl:. Actually I think (my new think, see comment from this afternoon) more parking from 7 to 12, 13 utilities, 14-15 looks to be conference areas and other non office areas (gym), In release from few months ago. But the original and still only release just says 30 or more floors so not sure how much can depend on that. I think for one thing the original did not mention add 2 floors to remaining parking deck. JMWAG

1 Like

Finally had a chance to read the article. I gotta say, I’m actually getting excited for this project as this group seems to have the pockets and vision to break ground on this monster in reasonable timetable. Would be great to see another 400+ footer help truly change the skyline.

3 Likes

Homophones, man…

(:flushed:)

Sorry, but you have totally lost me?
Homophone?? :face_with_monocle:

They’re/there/their

I was just teasing. Please ignore me. :persevere:

Per updated Site Review application: Building height from ground floor, 415’. Top of building at elevation 760’. 32 floors.

12 Likes

Since we’re going there, it’s tenants, not tenets. :slight_smile:

Sweet! That will really impact the money shot and the skyline as well as the street level experience! Looking forward to this!

3 Likes

15 feet taller than Wells Fargo building (400 feet). That would make it the third tallest building in DTR.

11 Likes

Well we have a few (fake?) 40’s and a (hopefully!) real 32. This one seems to have a lot of momentum!

4 Likes

@GucciLittlePig @JeepCSC

I just got it…funny. :sweat_smile:
Sorry for the misspelling… :wink:

415 is perfect for Fayetteville St.

2 Likes

11 floors is a big honkin parking deck.

Is it possible that once this building is done, they will want to tear down the other half of the Alexander Square deck and build something there too?

Maybe that’s why the parking deck is so big: it will be parking for both this building AND Wells Fargo at some point when the north half of the current deck is being redeveloped.

2 Likes

They are adding two floors to the part of the deck that they are not tearing down. So, I don’t think that they plan to build anything there.

Well at least not immediately- the blank walls on this buildings deck indicates to me that at some point they will redevelop Alexander Square completely, up to at least 10stories or so. Totally a guess, though.

I just don’t understand why they can’t use some sort of glass covering that would look more like it was just office floors

4 Likes

Then it becomes an enclosed garage and you have to add mechanical ventilation. Most developers don’t want to pay the extra. On this project they are using perforated panels. So, they hide the cars a little while keeping it an open deck.

You don’t understand why a developer wouldn’t want to clad a parking structure that already costs an average of $20,000 per parking spot with one of the more expensive building materials available? Also: ventilation.

I’m glad the glass at least comes down to the street level at the main corner of the building. It’s a nice middle ground, and I think the perf metal will look pretty sharp.

1 Like

I understand the ventilation I’m not suggesting a solid wall just some form of glass cladding