200 W Morgan Street

That could be really nice. Their current building doesn’t really interact with the street - a little quad set up would feel really nice, with the underground parking deck expanded to replace the surface portion of their lot.

4 Likes

That’s pretty exciting! I would be shocked if Campbell wasn’t in their current building for a very long time, and so I’m not sure that they specifically would have any interest in this parcel, but I am sure that a lot of this size in this location will get snapped up quickly, and somebody will do something really cool here. It looks like it’s already zoned DX-20-UG, so I doubt you’d even need any rezoning here. Somebody could just buy it and start building.

5 Likes

OR better yet, they buy it and get it rezoned to 40 stories then start building :sunglasses:

Now TBJ has picked up on this property up for sell in the heart of DTR…
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/09/19/hot-piece-property-heart-downtown-for-sale.html

7 Likes

Nice!
Too bad it’s sandwiched between 2 stroads. Need to get that traffic light synchronization changed on McDowell asap!

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: McDowell and Dawson Streets

Something to keep an eye on. Zoned DX-20-UG.

23 Likes

Thought this lot went up for 40-story rezoning? Didn’t pass??

If you are referring to the lot that was slated to have a 7 story apt building but was recently rezoned to 40 this is not that lot.

Nope, I am referring to 200 W Morgan St haha - unless it was rezoned to 20-stories and I’m just remembering wrong.

This lot just recently sold for $9 million to a Chicago based real estate investor. The article mentions that they want to demolish the current building and build a new development. Lot is zoned for 20 stories.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/15/convexity-buys-downtown-raleigh-property.html

18 Likes

Something reasonably tall in that location would do a lot to fill a big gap in our current skyline.

8 Likes

20-40 would fill a huge while almost every lot that prime has been zoned for 29 or 40 stories.

ASR-0058-2023 submitted for 20-story residential / mixed-use tower! Project name 201 Hillsborough.

17 Likes

Sounds like it includes a parking podium! I hope it’s 19 of the 20 stories. There’s never anywhere to park downtown…

I hope they do hidden parking just like they did with 400h

The issue with hidden parking is that people don’t know it’s there then they complain like @GucciLittlePig that there’s no parking! More exposed parking!!!

279 units

2 retail spots at Morgan / McDowell lower corner, parking deck and lobby entrances at Hillsborough upper corner.

207’ height, looks to be a boxy jenga shape.

23 Likes

Wish there was retail on Hillsborough but it’s a minor gripe. Happy to see movement!

3 Likes

Based on the difference between the lower level elevation (347’) and the parapet elevation (583’), this looks like it should have a total height of 236’. Am I reading this right?

2 Likes