213 South Harrington / SE Corner of Hargett-Harrington / Former Goodwill building

I’m no expert but simplest to me would be use the existing ramp for entrance/exit off Harrington and then have a spiral ramp for up/down like the airport deck to access each parking level. This would leave the building the simplest shape and repetitive floor plates. Red area about 22,500 sf. Two-way traffic on a spiral ramp might be more difficult though?

3 Likes

Spiral ramps allow for rapid access to higher floors but reduce parking density. If you have no parking on them at all like the airport, then you lose a massive area. If you have parking on the ramps then you lose the corners. Of course if it’s a round building like the clarion then you waste part of the lot.

1 Like

Legends getting squeezed in from all sides. Well remember the days back in the 1990’s when you could swing the proverbial cat and hit nothing but flat top parking lots. Those were the days.

2 Likes

I am those days. We put Raleigh on all the ‘best of’ lists. Those days feel numbered now that the coat tailing has amped up to new levels.

I was taking a walk through the blocks around Nash Square this afternoon, and I saw that the property at 320 W. Martin St. is under contract. This is the building on the corner of Harrington and Martin, and it occupies about a quarter of an acre. Anybody know anything about this? I mean, it could be insignificant, but with so much development happening around Nash Square, any sale is kind of interesting.

2 Likes

Seems like that would just be 1 of the condos for sale?

1 Like

I don’t know. Yeah, now that I look at the info on Wake County Real Estate, that looks like it would make sense, but the sign that was posted didn’t make that clear. Just walking by the building, it wasn’t clear if they were rental units or what.

1 Like

Make of it what you will, but fence up around the old Goodwill building including tree protection.

9 Likes

I’d be willing to bet it’s being torn down to build…parking, just like Edison office lot.

4 Likes

Highly likely at least for the short term

I’d guess that property has more more value if it’s already cleared. The iron is hot right now downtown and it’s time to strike. Let’s hope that it’s being razed because it’s going to soon be developed.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we see here at least a demolition permit on the City page?

Preformatted textimage

Sideways world…strikes again!!! This time with a excavator!!

6 Likes

*an excavator
Also, I fixed your picture.
:rofl: :yum: :triumph:

8cd73415cb88462f2508ae073b46fcb163ecc1b0

9 Likes

My version is more fun…and it’s ergonomically healthier for you. We spend too much time staring at screens…my version allows you to stretch your neck.

5 Likes

And you preformatted your text! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Down she comes!

20 Likes

Can’t wait for RALEIGH’S NEWEST PARKING LOT! It’s got everything: Empty crushed Bojangles drink cups, a guy walking around yelling “I’M GOD!”, loose screws.

11 Likes

Or maybe they’ll start building whatever is supposed to go here? I honestly forget, with all the projects that get announced and then disappear.

1 Like

I don’t think any plans have been announced for that location. Same owner as the Edison lot (Highwoods) so…

213 S Harrington is actually an adjacent property with a different owner (still Dillon Supply according to iMaps). There was something proposed for that property, but not sure where that stands.

1 Like