301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

I do enjoy the reflections this building provides. This is not a new statement, but that parking deck screening is the absolute worst.

6 Likes

Itā€™s really does, hopefully the next building is no parking.

Sir, this is Raleigh. The next building @ 301 Hillsborough will be a 32-story unscreened/raw-concrete parking deck with a 1-and-a-half story wood apartment building on top featuring 200 sq ft micro-units available for the affordable price of $6,000/mo (utilities not included)

2 Likes

Ahhā€¦ Parking at least there scrapping street parking.

Heard from someone in finance at Fallon that phase II is in design right now under Fallon.

21 Likes

Apparently a bunch of developers were in town yesterday. I can corroborate this per a :bird: that phase II is happening and sooner rather than later. Iā€™m not sure why Fallon fired their Raleigh staff but glad to see the dev still happening.

18 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was MORE than looking forward to a new developer with some balls to take it over, rezone it higher, and do something actually interesting with the land. BOOOOO!

Incoming GREAT WALL OF PARKING DECK from FAILon. Ugh.

With the changes to existing zoning, wouldnā€™t they be allowed to exceed 250 feet on a second phase? This could easily be a 300+ footer in that case.

3 Likes

I am not holding my breath on this one until we see some type of ASR, filing for permit, etc. So did Fallon fired their local team? I wonder what happened

2 Likes

My first birdie in context of this project knew first hand about the staff being let go and all projects cancelled. Latest birdie is different and confirmed the project is still a go but not sure on why staff was let go.

6 Likes

Still a complete waste in this location not to rezone to 40. Shouldā€™ve been done prior to Pendo tower, but would be especially short-sighted at this point in time.

Itā€™s not like weā€™re bursting at the seams with so many amazing 20Ā±story buildings that theyā€™d disappear in the skyline. A nice well designed one would still be a welcome addition.

16 Likes

To: the preacher. From: the Choir.

2 Likes

Hope to see some renderings for real Phase 2.

I was at the PRESS coffee shop in Durham and one of their employees mentioned that they are opening a location at Raleigh Crossing. Does anyone have any details or heard something?

9 Likes

Oh man that would be amazing. DTR is so short on brunch spots and their crepes are wonderful.

2 Likes

Only details I have are that all available retail spaces in the Pendo building are still sitting empty with no signage of future tenantsā€¦ so itā€™s definitely possible! Sounds like youā€™ve got the first scoop!

1 Like

Yessssss if this is true. I love Press! I could totally see them in that building too.

Any news on tenants for this building? Been too quiet on this ground levelā€¦

3 Likes