301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

C’est la vie

12 Likes

We’re sure going to miss those surface lots.

5 Likes

Looking at that nice view of the state capitol that 301 Hillsborough is gonna block :grin:

6 Likes

It’s starting!!

30 Likes

Wow that was fast! Glad this is finally starting!

3 Likes

Drove by this morning and noticed a big tent on this site… Looks like they might be having some kind of groundbreaking ceremony or something along those lines…

12 Likes

Yep - ribbon cutting today per Bill King with DRA: image

16 Likes

Don’t ribbon cutting ceremonies typically happen once the building is finished?

1 Like

From the picture it’s clearly a ‘groundbreaking’ ceremony.

6 Likes

:woman_shrugging: Sorry guys! Wrong “jargon”. Reference the pic for information :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty large tent and turnout, they had the event catered serving food too

9 Likes

I’m so happy that our city is growing. I’m not a fan of having so many surface parking lots in our city’s downtown.

6 Likes

I walked by and saw this yesterday and was like, I wonder if there’s a groundbreaking ceremony Monday morning. And here it is. Yay! Can’t wait to see this building start going up.

Large parking lots like this one are so ugly and need to get covered up. Even a crappy two story parking deck is a better use of space, but I’m glad that something pretty high density is finally going up in this area!

2 Likes

I parked in a surface parking lot for about 7 years when I first started working downtown. I really appreciated the convenience and the lower price for parking. There are actually fewer parking lots nowadays then there was back then. I view a parking lot as a construction project that just hasn’t started yet…

7 Likes

Sorry I didn’t pay that close attention to the picture and I couldn’t get it larger so I just took it for your word. Closer look, yeah shovels…a whole bunch of shovels.

In case anyone cares, this is the speech from the ceremony. Nothing too interesting…

6 Likes

Spectrum’s coverage Developers Break Ground on Downtown's Raleigh Crossing

4 Likes

Construction is going very slowly. No heavy equipment, not fencing, no major activity.

Also, should the title of this thread change to Raleigh Crossing? Shoud be have a separate thread for every tower in this project like the Pendo tower?

4 Likes

Please let’s not give in and start actually calling it Raleigh Crossing
301Hillsbo, RalCro or even the Building Formerly Known as Surface Parking Lots is better.

6 Likes