301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

The more we can get out of the ground, sooner rather than later, is a good thing!

5 Likes

Fallon, a Boston developer new to this market, is about to break ground on their project 18 months after purchasing the parcel. Meanwhile, developers with deep roots in Raleigh cannot get projects off the drawing board. We have a clone of Kane in our presence. A vey welcome addition.

10 Likes

Clearly, it sometimes takes an outsiderā€™s perspective to understand the opportunity. I welcome the infusion of new blood!

1 Like

Is there a specific breaking ground date in September? Also, how far in advance will they announce lane closures, similar to the FNB tower Wilmington st lane closure. Iā€™d really like to know if Dawson st is getting a lane closed in the near future. Also there is utility work going on almost daily on Dawson with lane closures a bit further down, across from the old Firestone. Is that related to 301 at all?

19 posts were split to a new topic: Capitol Square Monuments

Cā€™est la vie

12 Likes

Weā€™re sure going to miss those surface lots.

5 Likes

Looking at that nice view of the state capitol that 301 Hillsborough is gonna block :grin:

6 Likes

Itā€™s starting!!

30 Likes

Wow that was fast! Glad this is finally starting!

3 Likes

Drove by this morning and noticed a big tent on this siteā€¦ Looks like they might be having some kind of groundbreaking ceremony or something along those linesā€¦

12 Likes

Yep - ribbon cutting today per Bill King with DRA: image

16 Likes

Donā€™t ribbon cutting ceremonies typically happen once the building is finished?

1 Like

From the picture itā€™s clearly a ā€˜groundbreakingā€™ ceremony.

6 Likes

:woman_shrugging: Sorry guys! Wrong ā€œjargonā€. Reference the pic for information :wink:

2 Likes

Pretty large tent and turnout, they had the event catered serving food too

9 Likes

Iā€™m so happy that our city is growing. Iā€™m not a fan of having so many surface parking lots in our cityā€™s downtown.

6 Likes

I walked by and saw this yesterday and was like, I wonder if thereā€™s a groundbreaking ceremony Monday morning. And here it is. Yay! Canā€™t wait to see this building start going up.

Large parking lots like this one are so ugly and need to get covered up. Even a crappy two story parking deck is a better use of space, but Iā€™m glad that something pretty high density is finally going up in this area!

2 Likes

I parked in a surface parking lot for about 7 years when I first started working downtown. I really appreciated the convenience and the lower price for parking. There are actually fewer parking lots nowadays then there was back then. I view a parking lot as a construction project that just hasnā€™t started yetā€¦

7 Likes