301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

I saw today that there is a Pre-Submittal for a tenant up-fit in the 301 building. It would be mostly open office, occupying floors 15-19. So, the building has not been approved by the city yet, but they seem to have a tenant lined up. Interesting.

11 Likes

Wow! That’s fantastic news, and could be Pendo! LOL I had to get that out there.

7 Likes

Pendo was my first thought as well given their size and current requirements. Also, the open office tells me that it’s likely tech related.

5 Likes

IS there any way that an approval could have slipped by? This project has been in works so long could be there was an approval a few years back?

I don’t believe the project ever got it’s site plan approval. The new iteration is a revision to the original submittal. I believe that they may submit for a building permit soon, but they cannot get one until the site plan is approved. I find it interesting that the up-fit is getting a pre-submmital review. They will eventually have to submit for an actual building permit which I assume that they won’t do until after the building gets one.

3 Likes

Tech firm Pendo to be the first tenant in new downtown Raleigh tower

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article230984753.html

15 Likes

Another story:

11 Likes

This quote made me laugh: “its vivid logo will be visible for many miles” - hahaha the tower will barely be taller than the Holliday Inn across the street so… probably not even visible for a mile let alone “many” hahaha.

1 Like

Too short. Too ugly. Too plain. Too tan. Too …

It beats the crap out of the 18 foot dilapidated ruins sitting at 400H and the 4” of asphalt sitting at the current site.

13 Likes

Oh, I’m all for this building just to get some density along this busy corridor. I just found the quote funny because it’s a taaaaad hyperbolic.

3 Likes

Well this is really big news. Redhat, Citrix, and now joining big tech in downtown Raleigh with a named tower is Pendo! Time to start this tower!

9 Likes

Citrix doesn’t have a tower? Unless you are referring to there “parking deck tower”…lol:wink:

3 Likes

Ya, that’s really pushing it to call this a tower. A mid-rise tower deck! :laughing:

4 Likes

Is Pendo due for lots of future expansion? There is a lot of hype over 5 floors being taken. Not sure I get the hubub and was wondering if folks who know the tech industry more than me could weigh in. Cheers and thanks.

2 Likes

They must be planning on it as the article says they will take nearly half the tower which would be about 120,000 sq feet which seems to me like more than 5 floors

I hope it’s a pink beam of light that shoots in to the sky like the Luxor.

4 Likes

I believe they won a huge contract with the state several months ago which has sparked a good amount of this growth.

3 Likes

If Pendo follows the model of many tech companies today, the 120,000 ft2 can support about 800 employees. Of course, this depends on their workplace programs, any specialty spaces, etc.

4 Likes

I think that’s an exaggeration. The SECU tower is only 17 stories if I’m not wrong…very prominent tower on the north side of downtown.

Pendo will have an even more prominent impact on that portion of our skyline, definitely visible from the north on 440.

Also, Pendo closed a record setting fund raising round in 2017 and over funded like a whole whole lot.

6 Likes

SECU is 12! So this is more than 50% taller.

1 Like