301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

Damn! Build it with 21 or 22 and shock the you know what out of everyone…Lol :wink:

1 Like

They’d probably have to open a can of worms with the Dawson residents across the street and possibly delay the project for God knows how long as that drama played out.

1 Like

I’m with you DowntownRaleighGuy ! On some of the height of projects , it is determined on how large
the sewer lines, water lines are to supply the people & the height for that area .

2 Likes

Stumbled across these new renderings for 301 Hillsborough today at lunch.

Link: http://www.clinedesignassoc.com/projects/301-hillsborough-st

17 Likes

That’s quite the jumble of design! It’s not incredible, but I like it more than anything else we’ve seen yet. Perhaps the rumours of this project coming back to life had something to them after all . . .

10 Likes

At least they’re not going for parking deck with office for hat design that plagues Raleigh.

5 Likes

I still don’t understand why these couldn’t be three separate buildings on one podium? Or even just three separate buildings? Why do they have to be conjoined? It just makes it worse.

3 Likes

I like the glass portion the best, but the non-glass section could be better IMO. I like the density, but agree with @NYCRDU and would prefer separate buildings, rather than one large ClusterTruck.

2 Likes

Thanks Will for your information ! I like it !

You said 301 would start soon. These new renderings seem to imply that. Any more on what that time table is looking like?

1 Like

I will say, while these renderings aren’t great, they are way better than the previous proposal. It’s almost impossible not to be…

8 Likes

I don’t expect every building to be amazing, but I like this much more than the old proposal. Maybe (probably) I have poor taste but I like the jumbled look. And this is infinitely better than a parking lot.

3 Likes

This definitely looks better than the previous renderings. I hope this project comes to life.

3 Likes

I like it. I like it a lot. Two thumbs up​:+1::+1:

Pretty sure the buildings are lumped into one to maximize the land the project occupies.

I think the design is nice in that the portions all look unique even though jumbled together.

This could give the illusion that this portion of downtown Raleigh is much denser than reality which is a major plus.

8 Likes

I like the new design, I think it adds density without overwhelming the rest of the development on Hillsborough. For example, the podium of the NE corner of the tower is about the same height as the Campbell U building across the street. I like the mix of materials, and those floors in the glass section look to be pretty high (at least 14’ ceilings by my guess). We might be looking at a 300’ tower, which would be perfect for this location and a size that Raleigh needs more of.

7 Likes

If I hear any new info. , I will post it . I’m really excited about this project !

4 Likes

I like it very much! Hopefully we get an announcement about them actually breaking ground

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nash Square Hotel at Dawson/Martin

The Western side looks the best but shouldn’t it be turned around? The sun mostly comes in from the southeast so in order to get the building occupants the best amount of day would be to have the lower towers on the southeast corner and the higher towers in opposite. But this way would like better on the approach down Hillsborough I suppose.

1 Like

The new renders look great. Includes 300,000 square feet of office space that Advanced Auto Parts could grab a third of for their new HQ. Probably enough for naming rights.

This tower is going to be prominent, being close to 300’ high and a bit out of the core. Hopefully we’ll see a 1H2019 start.

5 Likes