301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

This is a true RED FLAG :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:
I am not reading this as good or at least from past experience anyway… :thinking: :disappointed:

For sure, but when COVID moves through pop. or we get an effective vaccine and pandemic officially ends, I imagine demand will return strong for DTR (maybe not macro economy, but we are well positioned here as we all know) and Fallon will have time to readjust plans accordingly with no height limit. I guess it could go either way and Fallon might not have the balls of Kane…

Either way, I’ll take an incomplete project for several years with possibility for taller in future 🤷

5 Likes

BIG same. I HATED most renders for this project since before Fallon, and while I do like the curved glass of the currently-in-progress half of the project, the entire-block-long parking deck that was visible on either side (of Morgan and Hillsbro) really turned me off. Hopefully the update goes taller, and hides more of the deck like the Dawson St side is doing.

7 Likes

21 Likes

Man, if our buildings ever catch up with the scale of our parking decks…we’ll be happening!

17 Likes

The Leaning Tower of Hillsborough?

2 Likes

Now started on the non garage part of the project.

25 Likes

Awesome pictures, thank you :blush:
I wonder if this project will “slow down” or “pause/stop” for a bit give the latest statement from the team/developers in the TBJ reporting?

2 Likes

Pendo has already signed on as a major tenant for this building. Don’t they also have naming rights also? So I assume that means this building will continue going up.

6 Likes

Yeah, almost halfway up- no way they’re slowing down or stopping now. The Rest of the development has been put on pause, but this section is much too far along to reconsider. Speaking of “halfway up” - I’m counting 7 stories of parking. Assuming the remaining 13 stories will be office, will the floor-ceiling height of those floors be taller? This could be a pretty large looking 20 story building…

2 Likes

The parking levels will have a shorter slab to slab height than the occupied office levels will. At least that would be typical.

5 Likes

Awesome. So, yeah- this is already big for 7 stories, but about to get a whole lot bigger with each new floor. Very exciting!

3 Likes

Save for the taller ground floor, I suspect that the floor heights of the parking levels more closely mimic the residential floor heights of The Dawson across the street. Each subsequent office floor should be a few/several feet higher.

4 Likes

It appears the parking deck has finished its painfully slow ascent. On to level floors! (And a 2-way Morgan St, once again!)

27 Likes

Starting to take shape!

3 Likes
14 Likes

When I saw that post my first thought is that is quite a parking deck. Very solid compared to standalone parking decks that won’t be supporting a building above.

5 Likes

Agreed. If we could get 20-story or so buildings on top of all of our stand-alone decks downtown, we’d have a very different skyline!
:slight_smile: :building_construction:

4 Likes

That area is going to feel pretty city-like once the current projects are finished: Two Glenwood, Willard, and 301 Hills. There will definitely be some density in that warehouse / glenwood transition zone.

13 Likes

That’s been a dream of mine for 2 decades!

8 Likes