301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

According to the Foxfire series, a chronical of the Applalchia philosophy of living, for each foggy morning in August - we will have a snow day this winter. I think today is close enough to August.

9 Likes

I haven’t been able to get a pic, but this is visible from the Peace street bridge area at this point. In the left hand lane, or median, pretty prominently. This very well may tower over the Holiday Inn from that angle. Honestly it’s too bad this wasn’t about 5 stories higher, it would have been very impactful from Capital blvd.

10 Likes

New pic.

31 Likes

This could go in either Smoky Hollow 1,2,3 or here and this seems to be a less active thread in comparison so here I leave it. This is a presentation Clancy & Theys did around Technology in Construction. I haven’t had a chance to watch but the first few minutes but seems applicable to this forum/thread.

4 Likes

Cool!
Skip to 10:00 if you want to see some inside scoop on Smoky Hollow

2 Likes

185.36 ft? How tall is the Holiday Inn again?

1 Like

239’ according to Wikipedia.

2 Likes

Well if it’s on the Internet, then it MUST be true :wink:

1 Like

Something is not right about any of these measurements. If you look at the original plans submitted to Raleigh about the current design of the 301 Hillsborough, the Pendo Tower is equal height to the hotel. However, that video shows the tower to be much higher (50+ feet).

We need to get someone on the roof of the Holiday Inn with a 300 foot tape measure I think.

HeightConspiracy

11 Likes

Hmmm, not saying thats not true but I don’t remember any plans or renderings showing them the same height. I always felt like Pendo was clearly going to be significantly taller then Holiday Inn.

Wiki says Holiday Inn is 239ft but obviously that’s not accurate. I figured around 200ft maybe but 185ft sounds about right. But if Pendo is right around 250ft then oh yeah it’s gunna look pretty tall for that sport and easily tower over that cylinder lol.

8 Likes

At a stated 19 floors, and with those mostly being short ceiling height hotel rooms and parking deck, it’s very believable that the height of the Holiday Inn being under 200 feet.
301 Hillsborough is likely to end up being one of the more prominent 250 foot buildings that the city will ever have.

13 Likes

It’s growing upward so we will eventually see for ourselves how much taller it is than the hotel…

25 Likes

Fresh pics

25 Likes

Now that the slabs are designed for people instead of cars, I’m betting that the rest of this building goes up much quicker than subsequent floors. I got to imagine how much less steel and concrete is going into the office floors versus the parking pedestal slabs.

17 Likes

Drove by there yesterday. Sadly, this building is about 1/2 as tall as it’s gonna get. With a building that wide, it could be so much taller. Oh well, it’ll be a nice addition nonetheless.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Looks like its 2/3rd as tall as the Holiday Inn now.

17 Likes

But not even halfway finished. So it’ll be way taller! Now if only they could get the rest of the project going…

2 Likes

I heard it’s on hold. Hope they use that time to rezone for more floors.

7 Likes

That is one hell of a parking garage

6 Likes