301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

Another week has gone by.

19 Likes

I know everyone keeps saying it, but it’s just so frustrating to see how much space is being dedicated to parking. Climate change denial in its most discreet form.

20 Likes

This is just a third of it. There’s two more equally immense parking decks coming with the two other towers.

3 Likes

Yes and no… Hopefully the deck floors will be converted into better usable space in the future, and at least this is a vertical project. Suburban sprawl is the ULTIMATE climate change denial. It pains me to see new cul-de-sac communities being built on the fringes of Cary, WF, Raleigh, Wendell, etc. All. The. Time…

10 Likes

16 Likes

You hate to see it :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Growing by the day, But why the tall parking decks, I may have asked this in another topic, but Why not build an underground parking space if building a high rise of 20 stories or higher? Not saying that it’s a bad thing, just wondering. :confused:

3 Likes

$$$$ :money_mouth_face: $$$$
they be expensive

7 Likes

Just googled and I don’t know how accurate this is but read that on average one parking space in a below ground structure is $34,000 versus $24,000 above ground.

4 Likes

And you can probably tack on an additional 10% to both those numbers for rising construction costs over just the last 18 m.

3 Likes

Basically you got 8 stories of parking now. Underground parking will only get you 2 stories of parking. Just cannot get enough parking spaces with underground parking.

1 Like

301H is now just barely visible from the 40 and Hammond bridge.

14 Likes

It’s starting to make an impact to the skyline no doubt.

You can see how tall the office floors are. I count 2 office floors done so 8 to 9 floors to go!

26 Likes

This has probably been discussed but is there any room for ground floor retail or is it all going to be parking deck?

No ground floor parking. Just the ramps leading up and a loading dock. The rest will be the lobby and retail space.

6 Likes

Unless these plans have changed there will be 3 ground floor retail spaces with a lobby for the first phase.

14 Likes

Found these posted on LinkedIn

32 Likes

18 Likes

This just might coincide with a return to normalcy regarding the pandemic. They might look like geniuses finishing up at the end of next year.

7 Likes

Here’s hoping they actually start the rest of the project next year…

13 Likes