301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

The same I believe. Maybe that will get revised a little with the relaxation of the height restrictions.

7 Likes

Trying to capture the curves from street level.

25 Likes

13 Likes

It’s definitely going to be after the holidays before we see this building topped off.

21 Likes

Sadly, that means no Christmas Tree on top.
:christmas_tree:

6 Likes

From LinkedIn

30 Likes

Since that building is relatively tall for its area, I think it might end up having the best views in the city from its top floors.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the picture! :hugs:

Question if I may…?

I noticed that this from Linkedin. And with so many other applications, FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. where do you find is the best place to search for updates on projects like this? I ask as I do not like the idea of opening/creating/joining dozens of apps just to find updates on local projects… Other than this awesome site by Leo of course…Lol

3 Likes

I agree, but I actually can’t wait to hang on the rooftop lounge of The Willard. I’m going to get the drone up to the rooftop level and see what the DTR view is from there including the view back down Edenton. Stay tuned on that thread for a sneak peek.

@RobertSanderlin, I’m probably not the best person to ask this to as I mainly follow this forum for DTR stuff. I am on LinkedIn for professional purposes but get Raleigh stuff in my feed here and there. Same for Twitter. I think there are other forums that are valuable as well.

6 Likes

From Dix Park.

26 Likes

I’m still surprised by how prominent this building is. Here’s a view from the Wake County parking deck this afternoon:

19 Likes

I can’t even image what a 40 story building with ceilings that high would look like downtown :flushed:.

5 Likes

Would be about twice as tall
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

12 Likes

The 20 story parking podium would be impressive.

8 Likes

Progress:

31 Likes

Man, one day the Dawson condos and the Hue will look out of place between these taller buildings. I wonder if market forces will cause them to eventually be bought for redevelopment? Probably decades from now though.

2 Likes

Those poor residents in the Dawson and Hue have lost their breathtaking views of that empty parking lot.

12 Likes

There used to be a cool mid century-ish brick building on that property that I was sad to see demolished.

2 Likes

I was okay with it but I also thought we were getting the 34 floor Reynolds Tower at the time, instead of a parking lot that would sit empty for 12 years. Trying not to think about it. Or the original One Glenwood… or Edison…

6 Likes

to paraphrase - oh, where are the building proposals of yesteryear?

1 Like