301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

I’m pretty sure the office building project was committed to prior to 2020 (COVID) AND they had an anchor tenant. I’m 100% disappointed they pulled out of town and with NO notice. Not that they owe it to anyone. What I don’t get is that we’re a HOT market, especially for housing, so what are they doing wrong internally? I clearly don’t understand development well enough. Let’s just throw Highwoods into this same confusion mix.

8 Likes

Maybe Kane will buy it, build it, then high gross an out of state real estate company. Use profits to build yet another. Seems to work for him so far.

8 Likes

We have to hope that Highwoods doesn’t buy the lot. It will sit empty in perpetuity.

3 Likes

@Boltman per your history, I would prefer you doubt these things so that they actually come to fruition!!! :sunglasses: :wink:

1 Like

Night time vibes from Pendo.

25 Likes

That’s the view of Pendo from my living room!

5 Likes

Is John lurking in your place somewhere? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I break in when rgmedd isn’t home. I steal photo ops.

4 Likes

Unfortunate news; hopefully tech layoffs will be fairly limited in Raleigh generally.

I realize this is off-topic!

Getting dark, thought i take this pic before the light changes.

29 Likes

When could phase two start construction

Last I heard is Fallon Company is looking to sell the other portion of the land. So probably not anytime soon.

1 Like

Yeah but it is being rezoned…

1 Like

I love your optimism.

3 Likes

Rezoning this half of the project would be good - we need some real height variation in this cluster of new buildings.

9 Likes

I still want to see the other half of this block developed, but at least there’s this while we wait.

35 Likes

I do enjoy the reflections this building provides. This is not a new statement, but that parking deck screening is the absolute worst.

6 Likes

It’s really does, hopefully the next building is no parking.

Sir, this is Raleigh. The next building @ 301 Hillsborough will be a 32-story unscreened/raw-concrete parking deck with a 1-and-a-half story wood apartment building on top featuring 200 sq ft micro-units available for the affordable price of $6,000/mo (utilities not included)

2 Likes

Ahh… Parking at least there scrapping street parking.