301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

They stupidly haven’t gone for a DX-40 rezone, which would allow them to build a bigger apartment tower and maximize their ROI, so I’m not expecting anything spectacular. Last plans were shit.

1 Like

My little :turkey: told me the plan is to actually pursue a rezoning for 40 stories, but it’s going to be 39 stories of undecorated parking deck with 1 level of apartments on top. They will each be 100 sq ft, and priced at $5,000/mo.

11 Likes

I believe you’ve made this exact joke before… when I made my exact comment before :rofl: broken records, over here

1 Like

They are apparently looking to upzone to DX-40 for some vertical flexibility but not necessarily to push those limits. Apartments with some affordable units.

13 Likes

Oh hell yeah I was hoping you had meant to put this in this thread hahaha - even better! Honestly even 25-30 stories would be awesome for some height variation - the 400H and Pendo tower are nearly the same height (and almost same color glass…) and the forthcoming Kimpton Hotel tower will… also be around the same height.

4 Likes

To borrow @Francisco’s photo; Just imagine how much more dynamic even a slight increase in height would make this area!

21 Likes

That looks cooler than what will probably actually get built. :man_artist::art:

That Urrrple glass, tho !?!

3 Likes

I started with it being blue… but then realized I’d rather it be any other color than blue, considering 400H, Pendo, and Kimpton will all be blue glass lmao.

5 Likes

But some color at the bottom.

Neighborhood meeting for the rezoning to 40 floors for Phase 2.

Dear Neighbors:
You are invited to attend a neighborhood meeting on May 3, 2023, from 6 pm to 7 pm. The
meeting will be held at 301 Hillsborough Street, 9th floor, Raleigh, NC.

20 Likes

Absolutely zero reason this shouldn’t pass now, with the 40-story rezonings on both the South and the Western sides across the street.

21 Likes

Assuming this passes can you remind me if Fallon would then likely develop it themselves or sell the parcel?

1 Like

This was this :bird: inside info from Feb…

9 Likes

I want to go just to check out the interior of the building! LOL

1 Like

The last I heard was that they are very bullish on Raleigh.

7 Likes

bullish?!?! they literally fired their entire staff in raleigh. Fallon company is such a joke where a father grew the business and his son is blowing it to crap. let’s get ready for another massive parking garage with overpriced apartments

2 Likes

I hear ya and until I see action, I’m right there next to ya.

2 Likes

Article on TBJ about this rezoning request as well. Basically Fallon wants mixed use, focused on residential, and the increased height will be in line with nearby properties and allow them “to deliver a more efficient market-leading product.”

I also noted that they’re referring to this new project as 327 Hillsborough. Not sure if this should get a new thread as the project progresses.

The article also mentions how the new city council hasn’t approved any 40 story rezonings. After last night’s denial, it makes me a little nervous. What a kick in the pants it’d be to have the pandemic make Fallon scrap their original 2 shorter towers in favor of a much taller building adding tons of new housing, just for the city council to kill it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/05/02/raleigh-crossing-fallon-company-40-stories.html

25 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Zoning and Density