301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

I don’t think they will have major issues getting it passed, throw in a few concessions, if it comes to it, also it will probably be under 40 stories, probably around 33 to 34 stories.

…and yet I wouldn’t have thought the Peace/West St assemblage rezoning would have any problem getting passed given the concessions offered… no longer seems like we can count on this CC to make sound decisions that aren’t based on “feelings” (of wealthy neighbors that JUST DON’T WANNA)

6 Likes

Before we jump to that conclusion, this site is fundamentally different because it doesn’t have protectionist single family home owners adjacent/nearby the site.

1 Like

Not so fast- do you recall the HISSY FIT that the owners of the Dawson condos threw when this lot went up for just the 20-story rezoning? Sure, their “fight” is long gone now, as the 20-story rezone passed and there is now a big ass parking garage facing their windows - but I could absolutely see some owners on the Western half of the Dawson building re-igniting their flame when they learn that an EVEN BIGGER ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶k̶ tower might be going up next…

4 Likes

The original Council of No and this new V2.0 seems to only care about what folks in single family houses think.

3 Likes

They vote more consistently and are more vocal and organized about what they want.

There are more of them because DT has been split between 2 districts.

2 Likes

This should be the downtown district, this is from the 2030 Comprehensive Plan.

22 Likes

I consider North Person downtown right now. Weird it isn’t highlighted on the map.

6 Likes

Oakwood / Mordecai claim that so long as it stays low slung as is…

Yeah and those would be ‘transitional’ neighborhoods.

It’s a significant nightlife area on the grid in walking distance to other downtown neighborhoods. It is downtown.

6 Likes

Probably late to the party on this one, but when did they take down the banners covering the parking deck on this side? Also never noticed the Raleigh painted pieces at the base.

14 Likes

I like how they have planted trees in an area that is supposed to have a building on it in the future. Must be farther in the future than we think.

1 Like

Last time I drove by there about a month ago they were still on there but most were pretty well shredded. Must’ve just figured it was better to take them down than have them look bad.

1 Like

Then they never should’ve put them up to begin with LMAO

1 Like

It was probably a requirement from the appearance commission but I’m not sure. Hopefully this monstrosity will be covered up soon.

4 Likes

Small trees, easy to move, meanwhile they go a little way toward keep the empty lot from looking so abandoned.

2 Likes

maybe som downfiring leds at the top level accenuating the brutalist nature of the structure…variety, iow.

Official rezoning application posted to the city. REZN-0034-2023

DX-20-SH :arrow_right: DX-40-SH

15 Likes

I am ready to be hurt again

9 Likes