400 Hillsborough Tower

I like you @Teamsguy3, you seem like a team player, but I’ll believe this when demo is done and footers are being poured. :joy:

21 Likes

:hourglass_flowing_sand: :+1: :grin:

4 Likes

I was gonna say I’ll believe it when the crane is coming down. But even the crane coming down doesn’t always mean it actually got built. See the building on Hillsborough St next to Target. :sob:

5 Likes

See also Charter Square in early 2010s…

6 Likes

Would’ve loved it if they took alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this extra time to reassess and build even slightly taller now that there’s no height limit. Honestly seems dumb not to…

3 Likes

Is this the one? Seems like a lot of work left to do.

1 Like

So 4% done per year. 400H should break ground in about 25 years!!! Let’s go!

9 Likes

Last years permit submittal before project put on hold. Being resubmitted to COR as a fresh review

11 Likes

Can you tell if their site plans have changed? have they gone for more height or rezoning for more floors?

3 Likes

Nothing has changed with the building design or size

8 Likes

So incredibly dumb and shortsighted. Alllllllllllllllllllll this time, and now height restrictions removed, and they’re still going with the short box.

$$$. need someone with deeper pockets. They probably already had this building planned out for years. I think we’re on the cusp of seeing some taller buildings (SH3 and 595 Capital) and maybe some of these other lots.

5 Likes

Buildings cost $$$$ that is financed by lenders with more on their minds than skyline views. Raleigh will see some taller structures sooner rather than later but 20 stories “cost wise” is a sweet spot for much of the current development in DT

8 Likes

The building was already designed. A developer is not going to spend the money to make it taller, especially since the number of stories would not change.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Possible New Development Locations and Projects

400H is a go! Contractor has given go ahead to proceed

38 Likes

Yeah another building to our growing skyline.

3 Likes

Do you have any idea what the timeline would be for demolition to start or construction to begin? Excellent news if this is finally moving forward!

10 Likes

301, 400, and 501 Hillsborough. Hopefully should create a nice corridor of new street level activity

12 Likes

While 301 and 400 are the same height, they have very different shapes / design elements that I think play off each other well. Excited to see how this and 501 plus phase 2 of 301 shape up. Combined with hopefully some soon to come ground floor tenants at bloc 83 this will be a really cool area.

Now all we need is to cap the railroad tracks in this area and create a linear park!

22 Likes