400 Hillsborough Tower

Meet you there.
:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

If I don’t open my heart it can’t be broken

15 Likes

Is this the same block as the Char-Grill or the block directly to the west?

It’s here, across Hillsborough St from State of Beer.

4 Likes

Oh ok. Thanks. That height should look great there.

I said Char-grill but meant Roast Grill. Turns out both were incorrect.

5 Likes

Powerhouse Square parking deck 3-level expansion docs. (Surprisingly?) not much fight from the historic committee on this.

9 Likes

Guess this confirms that no ground-floor retail is planned in this renovation… a shame, but still a possibility for the future. Though, I would hope that one day this entire deck is torn down and developed into a tower!

5 Likes

I think I would rather they build on top of an existing parking deck like this instead of creating a new one or having it included in the new building. Especially with the way this one is somewhat tucked away with frontage on only one street.

3 Likes

They’ll just slap the tower on top of this deck. With more deck too.

1 Like

Just based on image, I would say do not plan on building a tower on top of deck. The steal beams look to small to support much more than maybe a few levels of stick build apartments. JMWAG :thinking:

2 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/08/16/construction-set-to-begin-on-long-awaite-400h.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=me&utm_content=ra&ana=e_ra_me&j=24755242&senddate=2021-08-16 More confirmation that work is about to start.
Some details.
“Construction is expected to complete in the fall of 2023.”
“Amenities include a 9th floor “SkyHub” featuring indoor and outdoor space. The building will also include a fitness and yoga facility, bike storage and conference room facilities. Office signage will be available on the 20th floor.”

25 Likes

Also this part was a surprise to see!

“The developers behind the 400H mixed-use tower in downtown Raleigh have announced that work is slated to begin this month.”

26 Likes

I would never have expected to see this project start before Nexus!

13 Likes

Agreed!

…and you still haven’t :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

WOW. christmas came early lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m still pretty shocked this is starting. Not my favorite tower or top choice for what I would have preferred get started but I must say it’s really nice to see a really old proposal finally come off the shelf and be realized.

7 Likes

Website updated too:

Interesting enough now there’s 3 parking levels. 1 underground and 2nd and 3rd floor.

12 Likes

Good use of Retail space on the first floor too.

I haven’t seen this view either:

13 Likes

Yea seems like one of the previous parking floors was swapped out for an extra office floor?

2 Likes

OMG THE SHADOWS!!! This is going to create a lot of accidents at West/Edenton. I can’t watch.
:see_no_evil:

11 Likes