400 Hillsborough Tower

have any details on dates and source of information?

1 Like

I think itā€™s the way the windows meet at the corner and the wood looking piece that flows around the corner. I think itā€™s a 90 degree edge but the way itā€™s designed gives the flowing / curved illusion. I really like that element.

5 Likes

Looking at the cityā€™s permit portal, it looks like all of the permits are ready for issuance except for the building permit. It looks like they resubmitted for the building permit on 7/23.

11 Likes

I was never crazy about the design/lack of height but the one thing that makes that all moot for me is the fact that - unlike Pendo Tower - there is practically ZERO evidence of parking deck. If I remember correctly, this is because they were planning on using the Powerhouse Square deck catty-corner to this plot, and were going to build an additional two stories of parking on top of the existing deck (which as far as Iā€™m aware, was initially built as a podium for a tower to eventually be built on top of it) - can anyone confirm if I am remembering correctly? I wonder if success of this building might eventually lead to the Powerhouse Sq. deck actually being built upon or even redeveloped sooner than later? At very least, they could add the couple extra floors of parking and then renovate the ground floor to have street-level retail spaces, thus extending the retail/restaurant corridor from 400H down West St. Tons of potential hereā€¦

7 Likes

The bridges need to be updated with larger sidewalks in the meantime.

10 Likes

There are 2 stories added to powerhouse deck, 1 level of parking below 1st floor of building and 2 parking levels between street level and 4th floor office level of building

7 Likes

And yet, based on the renderings, I wouldnā€™t have noticed the internal deck whatsoever, which is fantastic. Huge difference from the abysmal 301H that appears to be 90% parking deck (same can be said for the Dillon as well). Any word on if they will convert ground floor of Powerhouse deck to street level retail???

6 Likes

Also would be really sweet if they included some rooftop seating on that little 1-story retail building that juts out from the main towerā€¦ any possibility of that??

1 Like

Exciting if true but Iā€™ll believe this one when itā€™s topped off

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have a little more optimism once demolition starts. Iā€™d like to know when that is supposed to be, and we can go from there.

2 Likes

Folks its happening. We are in construction meetings today

31 Likes

Hopefully they can keep the bike lanes along both sides here during construction?

1 Like

Pics or it didnā€™t happen

6 Likes

I believe you . I have heard the same news from someone that is very reliable . Thanks

9 Likes

Find out when demolition starts and let me know. Iā€™ll be the guy at State of Beer across the street with binocularsā€¦ :eye::eye:

10 Likes

Meet you there.
:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

If I donā€™t open my heart it canā€™t be broken

15 Likes

Is this the same block as the Char-Grill or the block directly to the west?

Itā€™s here, across Hillsborough St from State of Beer.

4 Likes

Oh ok. Thanks. That height should look great there.

I said Char-grill but meant Roast Grill. Turns out both were incorrect.

5 Likes