400 Hillsborough Tower

When invoking quarters as reasons for anything, it can only be investor’s balance sheets dictating the situation. They either can’t or won’t because a particular number doesn’t materialize until then. I’ve never met a permit writer who is like “I ain’t issuing that permit until the 3rd quarter of Federal FY 18 because my bean counting needs the extra widget”.

2 Likes

Sign is still up for 400H, any word? ‘‘This should have broken ground by now

I saw May 2019 a couple weeks ago. I believe the developers would start now if it was under their control.

1 Like

Well, if 2019, that’s great news.

I think I mentioned this months ago, that the person I contacted said they weren’t planning to break ground until 2019.

3 Likes

… patiently awaiting the ground breaking announcement.

Does 400H have more legs than Edison? What’s the next tower with office space? Could the second 10 story Glenwood tower beat them all? Or perhaps a Kane project.

3 Likes

From the corner of West and Edenton. Not sure what it means but the potentially preparing the buildings for demo?

1 Like

I think they’re doing underground utility work at the moment but not much else.

5 Likes

Been a few weeks, a month maybe, like that. Nothing started yet.

2 Likes

I saw this a few weeks ago and was hoping they were beginning to disconnect and remove utilities in preparation for demolition. I guess this was too optimistic?

3 Likes

I figured that building needed emptied and possibly remediation. It’s squarely in the asbestos era (the front portion being added to the stone part later on in its life). Perhaps just taking out fixtures and stuff.

1 Like

Seems to be some more demolition. Hopeful this means this project is finally moving ahead.

10 Likes

I’d like to think so as well but I think it’s related to the under sidewalk construction they’re doing. May still be prep work for the larger project though!

1 Like

That makes me sad. Lol

For documentation sake, pre-construction, if it happens.

Facing North

Facing South

Facing East

Facing West

13 Likes

Has there been any more action on this site? I haven’t had a chance to go by it.

Outside of some adjacent utility work on the road/sidewalk, doesn’t appear so. I go by nearly every day (that I’m in town) and haven’t seen anything.

2 Likes

There’s a sign up, likely a pre-leasing sign. No clue how long it’s been there. First time I’ve been by there was a week ago when I saw it. That may have been there for years for all I know.

2 Likes

It’s been there for over a year I think. I feel like they’re trolling me whenever I walk by it :yum:

2 Likes

Looks like the power lines are (finally) being relocated. I’ve been hinting at this for probably a year now but the building couldn’t start construction until after these were relocated.

7 Likes