33 Likes

Topped out!

26 Likes

21 Likes

Hello crane

27 Likes

Is everyone happy now? :building_construction:

7 Likes

Just drove by on Western and it’s pretty prominent from that angle.

5 Likes

Crane visible as you head south from Wake Forest Rd and St. Albans. And you can see the North Hills crane by Chidos tacos heading north. I think Midtown is starting to make sense.

5 Likes

Why will my post be deleted I didn’t anything mean

That suggests you deleted your post. It’s an automatic thing when you delete your own post that it’s held for 24 hours before actually deleting.

Also, coming south on Capital into DTR and this crane is very prominent.

6 Likes

Y’all I think this building might actually get built! Still holding out on “maybe”

4 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see the crown lit.
:joy:

3 Likes

Beer, sammy and a crane.

22 Likes

Was anyone else expecting this crane to be a little taller, though? It doesn’t appear to be much taller than the 10-story Bloc 83 buildings (just from looking; no clue if that’s accurate though). I do understand those are all office, while 400H will be all residential, however, so that could be why.

1 Like

Morning beer. Love it, it’s like being on vacation.

2 Likes

Only 10 feet shorter than 301H according to Wiki. 256.80 feet tall.

3 Likes

And if this is as tall as the crane goes, then the building will be and look quite a-bit shorter as they always allow for movement below. :thinking:

1 Like

I wouldn’t read too much into the current height of the crane. They can “grow” them in progress. Here is a youtube video of the FNB building here in DTR crane growing in 2019.

13 Likes

Past experience shows that the tower cranes will be extended as needed. I’m assuming do not want to much cable extended being will introduce sway in the loads, that’s not good.

11 Likes

I wanted to share a crane picture too.
Just picture a building here… It’s actually really prominent coming in from Capital Blvd. Assuming the crane will be raised higher later, but even without it, the impact to entering downtown from the north’s view will be substantial. I sadly didn’t get a picture of that since I was driving.

I had no idea jury duty had so many breaks where I could walk around downtown. Not a bad way to spend a couple days…

20 Likes

I did. (forgot to post)

Keep in mind Quorum is closer so perspective is a bit skewed.

31 Likes