400 Hillsborough Tower

The view southbound on capital is turning into one of the best.

17 Likes

Only going to get better…fingers crossed.

7 Likes

I’m excited about the open lot behind Quorum. I hope the building or buildings are 15-20 stories.

4 Likes

SH3 at a cool 36 floors would be the :cherries: on this view…

11 Likes

This might be in another thread, but is anything planned at that lot bounded by Lane, Dawson, and Jones where everything has been razed? It slots right into this southbound Capital view.

Shortly after the fire, the property owner said something about partnering with a developer to build a mixed use development which would include office space for the businesses that were displaced by the fire. Nothing has been formally proposed as far as I know, but they razed the damaged buildings fairly recently. Hoping that we see something soon.

6 Likes

You took that coming down Capital on your One Wheel? Man, you’re braver than I thought!

6 Likes

Was on my way to the Bank this morning and took this pic of the crane at 400 Hillsborough.

26 Likes

Yooooo…Mav, nice new camera!!! :grin: :building_construction:

8 Likes

Nice !

This crane is visible from Lake Wheeler road at 440. Interestingly the 300 Hillsborough Tower is not visible from that same vantage.

2 Likes

Another skyline impact angle.

31 Likes

That crane is shaping up to be the most photographed icon of the city for 2021.

15 Likes

None of us thought we’d ever see it!

10 Likes

Yesssssss can’t wait for it to cover up 301H’s hideous back-end from this angle :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

That too should be covered by tower 2 soon

6 Likes

… with even MORE parking deck LMAO :rofl:

1 Like

In all seriousness, I truly hope the design has changed drastically from the first render with two other towers connected by a GIANT block-long parking deck that spanned the entirety of Hillsborough St. Given this will now just be one additional resi tower, I am REALLY hoping (but not holding my breath) that any additional deck (if even needed???) is well hidden within the new tower.

3 Likes

That would be awesome, but I won’t be holding my breath on any redesigns here.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Looks like that Holiday Inn could use a few more guests. I wonder with all these modern, new hotels popping up downtown if Holiday Inn is gonna make it.