400 Hillsborough Tower

oh wow, here we go!
:building_construction:

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of shots I took the other day of the interior steel infrastructure they’ve put in place.

And the crane on the north side of the deck

28 Likes

Very impressive work to pull that off!

They’re not wasting time with this one.

29 Likes

The garage either. Which has the weirdest sidewalk detour ever routing you straight they the garage.

23 Likes

Would it not have been easier to just tear down this old deck and build the one they wanted? I do very much like the retro sign in the last picture though.

6 Likes

Seeing that they’re having to brace down to the ground level it might’ve been. They could’ve left the footers.
I wonder if it’s being built strong enough that a building could be built on top of it one day.

4 Likes

As a developer, If I was allowed to demolish the parking deck I would have definitely gotten that option priced. I am sure saving and expanding the deck is a conscious decision.

5 Likes

Keeping it certainly saved a lot of resources.

2 Likes

Ok hippie :joy:

No, I mean I get just adding some floors on top probably makes sense for a number of reasons, and the former almost engineer in me thinks the support system Dylan photographed is really cool. It’s just a pretty unique approach to this area, where we tear down all sorts of things to build new, but are able to keep and incorporate the existing structure when it’s a 2 floor parking deck!

3 Likes

Some of my best photography work.

20 Likes

You get the award for including the most utility lines in one photo frame! :camera:

9 Likes

I think I already have that award from a few other pics. :rofl:

1 Like

Wow that’s going up fast!

3 Likes

Once the steel is on site, the build is almost done…LoLs

4 Likes

@dtraleigh we need a TWSS “reaction”

3 Likes

It will cost you $100,000 Schrute Bucks.

22 Likes

19 Likes

26 Likes