400 Hillsborough Tower

…in a big way :flushed: This seems to be going up faster than any recent development from my memory!

10 Likes

They should be able to pour a floor per week or so.

3 Likes

Did we ever determine if this building would be switching over to steel at some point? Or will it be poured concrete for the full height?

2 Likes

Should be concrete full height

Saw this happening today as well. What’s the plan? Adding a few floors to the existing deck? I don’t remember seeing this outlined in the original plans.

Yeah a few more floors of parking. I think about 4 more.

3 Likes

Haha I was right about this.

4 Likes

New smaller crane (not sure the technical term here) alert.

16 Likes

Can they add more wires to make it challenging for the crane?

7 Likes

At least you can see what is in the air… when we drill wells, the utility locators are only so accurate on what is underground. So the first 5 or so feet is always a little scary. #GeologistHorrorStories

6 Likes

Cruising through North Hills, Iron District, Capital Heights rebuild, Oakwood, South Street and S Saunders before checking out this tower. At this angle it looks like the old hair curler will soon be overpowered. I saw it go up and I’ve made closure with it. Can’t pour concrete fast enough on this project to suit me.
400H

31 Likes

Now, THAT is a LOT of cruising :wink: :rofl:

And yes, I am jealous!!! Thank you for the awesome picture!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

How many floors how they built

They’re on the 5th floor

2 Likes

I think it’s officially called an NSC.

Nice to see the tower is growing super fast

2 Likes

Here are some photos from last week. They are making good progress, it was cool to see the second crane up at the “off site” deck.

12 Likes

Anyone see a rendering for that deck expansion?

1 Like

11 Likes

16 Likes