400 Hillsborough Tower

Also a shot I took at lunch time today:

37 Likes

The glass is going up so fast. This is quickly becoming a real building!

45 Likes

Beautiful, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just needs about 10 plus more stories :+1:

7 Likes

It’s looking great! Does it get the :gucci: seal of approval?

4 Likes

Yep maybe a Gucci Tenant goes there, who knows!

That should make it at 20 floors, correct ???

1 Like

Yes sir, and I can actually count the 20 stories from one of these pics finally too. Lol I was struggling with that 19/20 part, but in the first pic, looking at the bottom as 3 levels, it makes sense now. Note that the right side in that picture doesn’t have the final story up yet but does have the columns.

1 Like

PLUS THE PARAPET WALL!!! we still have that to look forward to!!!

3 Likes

Done with the concrete pump!

28 Likes

What a beautiful building. Just wish it was a bit taller!

47 Likes

The loooooong wait for this site is paying off. Thanks for the update!!

11 Likes

Potato quality picture (and slight sign blockage), but love the impact this makes on the skyline from the Centennial campus entrance.

19 Likes

39 Likes

A view from 400H’s widest-looking angle. Glass is going up quick!

47 Likes

Raleigh Magazine is saying they’re shooting for a summer opening? Don’t think I’ve heard that before, thought it would be more of a fall/winter 2023 kind of thing but who knows?

10 Likes

Two words: supply chain

I don’t think that the challenges posed by the post pandemic supply chain can be ignored.

1 Like

Trammell Crow officials said no tenants have been secured for 400H office space yet, but that they are in negotiations with a few companies. The Dallas-based real estate firm is also meeting with various food and beverage operators for the retail space.

The lack of office and retail tenants is another sign of the shifting dynamics impacting commercial space in Downtown Raleigh as remote work has changed the landscape for traditional downtown business districts. The vacancy rate in Downtown Raleigh for Class A office space was 11.42 percent in the fourth quarter of 2022. In 2019 it was just 4 percent. https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/02/09/raleigh-tower-400h-office-retail-vacancy-leasing.html

7 Likes

All over the country, really.

Would probably be able to fill up alllllll these vacant retail spaces in a month with new and growing local businesses if they maybe didn’t charge the equivalent of a damn new home monthly mortgage for rent…

14 Likes

I suspect that retailers including services that are typically found in strip centers and car dependent (and free parking provided) parts of the city are going to need examples of successful businesses in walkable downtown before committing to leases of their own. Certainly having hundreds of residents above you is a good first step to making future retail business succeed, but abundance of all residents in the walkshed improve the odds of retailers being successful.

12 Likes