400 Hillsborough Tower

I love how the trim between window levels is coming, and seeing the ground floor details starting to get filled in.

Also, there’s a penguin :penguin:

34 Likes

It’s a noticeably well detailed building. Great glass too. Tramell Crow did it right.

8 Likes

The detailing came from Gensler. They are the architect.

3 Likes

Totally, but the cash to make it happen came from the developer. I imagine even J Davis could do something cool if they had the budget.

1 Like

You were out walking around downtown???
:rofl:

https://twitter.com/RaleighEconDev/status/1630222788391845888

55 Likes

BIG CITY VIEWS.

I’m really excited for both 400H and the Chicfila hotel to be complete on the ground floor. It’s going to help fill in some energy between Glenwood and Fay st.

17 Likes

I can’t wait to see the Kimpton and Legends towers in this view in 3 years.

14 Likes

Amazing how much closer North Hills appears in this picture.

18 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing! This new angle has instantly become one of my favorite of DTR/North Hills.

Also…I’m guessing the crane on the right is 320 W. South St? Can someone confirm?

13 Likes

Big city angle… Reminds me of Austin. Now can we allow 60-80 story buildings?

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Zoning and Density

Having a good architect can get you better detailing in a lower budget though. (squarely in “J Davis sux regardless” camp here)

3 Likes

From this angle it’s a pretty significant structure in the skyline. Anyone feel like taking a Dix Park shot soon?

39 Likes

Dang that looks good.

10 Likes

Recently did!

3 Likes

It does look realllllly nice. Especially love the lack of GIANT CONCRETE PARKING DECK BASE. I can’t wait until those 2 levels of parking are finally enclosed with glass and it just looks like one whole building :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Bunch of brick work has been getting finished.

28 Likes

WILD how tall it looks from this angle!

29 Likes

Took me a few days, but here you go!

It really fills out the skyline nicely from this angle :star_struck:

35 Likes