400 Hillsborough Tower

One aspect of this tower now that it’s here which I didn’t appreciate until today is how an eastward drive on Hillsborough now feels pretty different aesthetically.

With all the greenery leading up to the capitol, plus this and Pendo as glass edifices poking up above the treeline on both sides, it’s a pretty inspiring feeling (to me) crossing Glenwood.

Raleigh looks like a city poking up out of a forest, with a bunch of brick shops nestled down below the canopy. I’d love to see that feeling cultivated throughout the city.

Didn’t get a picture since I was driving and the light was green but it would go here.

26 Likes

I have lived here all my life 75 years except for 4 years college/army & I am so proud of Raleigh! I love this beautiful city!

11 Likes

I’ve always thought we should use the amount of trees and greenery downtown for advertising purposes.

Not many downtowns have this many trees, it’s unique for us, so we should use it.

12 Likes

I don’t know, according to those on WRAL Facebook comments and the like, Raleigh has clear-cut every last tree in a 30 mile radius and built massive, monstrous skyscrapers in place of all of them (but not any parking!!!)

9 Likes

That good we don’t need no parking.

The joke → :airplane:

You → :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How many stories? Is it done?

Yes. And no. Maybe. Can you see the top?

Lookin good!

44 Likes

Pristine piece of architecture. Everything has really come together nicely on this one.

4 Likes

Have a couple of friends that are currently trying to move into 400H. Sounds like they pushed the move-in back from mid-October to early November. Hoping they don’t keep pushing it back.

6 Likes

21 Likes

20 Likes

My partner and I are about to tour 400H. We’re doing a “hard hat tour” so that will be interesting. I’ll take pictures if I can.

19 Likes

Nice to talk to you again at the last meetup. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing any pics of inside this project.

4 Likes

Oh I got pictures all right.

Looking South and East.

31 Likes

28 Likes

Looking north.

and looking west

All of these pictures were taken from the 10th floor but from several different apartments.

The place is pretty nice in the parts that are finished, but there is still a lot of work to be done, even in the places they showed us. Some of the apartments are pretty spacious too, but I don’t even want to know what they start at.

37 Likes

Washer/Dryer day. Now leasing Fall 2023.

15 Likes

I can’t tell if it’s the lens, but that pool looks like a personal plunge pool. I guess they expect people to just hang out and not many to actually get in.

1 Like