400 Hillsborough Tower

Charter Square was also massively delayed but happened at the scale it was originally proposed.

2 Likes

Yeah that one was nuts! I remember seeing the renderings in maybe 2007 when I was considering moving here. I saw them digging the pit for part 1 when I stayed at the brand new Marriott in early 2009, thinking how it would done in a couple years. I was so surprised when they finally did part 2, maybe 10 years later?

IIRC, the shorter building may have been as tall as they could’ve gone due to the foundations, but the other tower (now FNB) was initially slated to be MUCH taller.

The FNB tower was also limited to roughly its current height by the foundation.

2 Likes

Looking really nice inside. The also have some very tall custom wood doors at the entrance.

34 Likes

Woah that was fast. Hopefully this means it will open ahead of schedule.

4 Likes

I believe soft opening is early May and then mid to late May is Jason’s schedule last I spoke with him.

4 Likes

Wow – was just thinking about how Raleigh needs more quality coffee options on the West side of downtown with ample seating. Guess someone else had the same thought.

6 Likes

Not to mention another good breakfast/brunch option. It’s been something that’s been sorely missing for a long, long time.

8 Likes

What an incredible, welcoming space. This looks excellent.

8 Likes

Considering the city is more than a quarter remote workers (4th nationally) the lack of decent coffeeshops is surprising.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Possible New Development Locations and Projects - Rezonings

LOVE the street activation here, holy sh!t. Easy new “best of” Raleigh:

And the parking-protected bike lanes!!!

Which one of you is this?? LMAO :rofl:

30 Likes

A little birdie told me that DJ Burns lives here.
He wanted to live at 615 Peace but he couldn’t wait anymore. LOL

8 Likes

Press is only getting better. They’re adding a pergola

27 Likes

Soon to be one of the best outdoor eating spaces in the city- right across from one of the current best outdoor eating spaces (State of Beer)!

16 Likes

They must have realized that they are facing the brutal afternoon Sun! That is a good call on their part.

3 Likes

Construction has started on that sports bar that’s going into the 400H building

19 Likes

Have they finished the outside patio at Press? I’m curious to see what it looks like now.

1 Like

When I went by there last week, it wasn’t done.

2 Likes