400 Hillsborough Tower

Google appears to think it’s going to be a Beef O’Brady’s spin off called the Brass Tap.

edit: Raleigh Brass Tap | Craft Beer Bar Raleigh, NC

14 Likes

Sports bars aren’t maybe my favorite places ever, but I do enjoy a good sports bar. And that menu looks pretty solid. It’ll be a nice option/contrast to State of Beer and Press in that little area.

6 Likes

We’re pretty short on good sports bars in DTR. I will happily spend far too much time and money here on fall Saturdays.

19 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. We do have a few good sports bars in walking distance DTR, but the demand is MUCH higher than the supply. This place will do just fine, as will Tobacco Road, My Way, Woody’s and any others I’m missing.

6 Likes

How could you forget everybody’s favorite? Carolina Ale House lol.

4 Likes

Hard agree here. My Way stays packed year-round, including days without notable sporting events. Woody’s is jammed on NFL Sundays. Plenty of room for another sports-focused spot to open.

Anyone been to another of Brass Tap’s locations? What’s the vibe like?

1 Like

Woody’s gave me food poisoning once. Never been back. Happy to see they’ll have (better) comptetiton. F Woody’s :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’ve eaten at Woody’s thousands of times with no issue (been a regular patron there for 15 years). Food is fantastic in a sports bar kinda way. Sorry you had a bad experience. You should calm down on the negativity (not just towards Woody’s, but towards everything). Saying “F Company” is really opposite of the downtown vibe. Cheers.

17 Likes

IMO, the best thing about the Carolina Ale House is that it’s not ground level. Being up there makes it a better experience for the patrons, and not having it ground level makes it better for the neighborhood. It’s a win/Win.

17 Likes

The problem is they rarely open or staff the corner bar next to all the windows that open where you get the view of downtown. Pre covid it was a way better atmosphere.

1 Like

19 Likes

Shame it’s not open on the retail spot on Hillsborough Street. State of Beer is very lively and this area will be less so when it moves out.

I don’t think it’s moving out until they figure out what to do with that block. The new location is supposed to be an addition, not a replacement, until then.

5 Likes