400 Hillsborough Tower

No leaky boats my friend

The building has 1 level of basement parking, retail level then 2 more levels or parking before transition to offices and residential apartments. They are expanding the parking deck across from clouds brewing by 3 levels

11 Likes

Yes I am in the SD stages of the NCAE project

7 Likes

And is this a tower as well?

1 Like

Any word on if they will maximize flopr-to-floor height now that restrictions are gone?

2 Likes

I imagine that one is 6-12 months out, at best, for start of construction?

Love me some 20 story buildings.

I think this is the first mixed-use tower outside the core?

Core:

• PNC; 33 storys: retail floor / 8 floors parking / 11 floors office / 11 floors condos
  • FNB; 22 storys: (underground parking) / retail floor / 6 floors office / 13 floors condos

West Downtown:

• 400H; 20 storys: retail floor / (parking levels) / 5 floors office / 12 floors residential

Those numbers may be off a bit as there’s some conflicts in the public info.
The floor counts also don’t add up due to ‘shared amenity levels or transfer levels’ etc.

But this tower falls in right between the two downtown mixed-use towers in residential floors (it has more than PNC does!). Pretty neat!

2 Likes

Uh huh. And, then FaceBook teases me with this click bait…

5 Likes

DLA posted this on Facebook yesterday:

More information coming out on the long delayed 400H mixed use tower at the corner of Hillsborough and West street in Glenwood South. The owner has changed hands with construction now expected to start sometime this spring.

Plans call for a 20 story mixed use building that will include 12 residential floors, giving it the highest residential density in the city except for the North at West building just a few block away. Additional parking will be available in the Powerhouse parking deck across the street, where they will be adding 3 floors.

20 Likes

Just FYI, was looking at York’s website earlier today for something else and they are leasing space in this tower:

12 Likes

They’ve been listing space in this project for a while, well before any evidence of constriction. My wife is in commercial real estate and showed me the same listing last year about this time.

6 Likes

What does DLA stand for?

1 Like

Downtown Living Advocates

2 Likes

Dylan Lovers Association. Pretty much everyone on here who has seen his drone photos… :grin:

16 Likes

18’ slab to deck??? That’s gotta be just the office and retail otherwise the building would be 400’.

4 Likes

Almost assuredly you are correct. That would not be the residential distance by a long shot. Even 18 feet sounds high for a commercial building. I wonder if that’s just the first floor height???

1 Like

Check out the DLA Facebook page. Facebook

1 Like

:cry: Awe, not fair, no Facebook…no to Facebook and ain’t goin to create one for this either…:wink:
So can DLA be seen anywhere else? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Agreed! I refuse to use Facebook as well. Please avoid that platform.

2 Likes

@raleighdla on Twitter.

1 Like