400 Hillsborough Tower

My thanks! At least I can actually view this on Twitter. Facebook wouldn’t even let me just view that one page. And although I stay away from that platform as well, I try not to go any deeper than the standard website or blog like this one…which I really appreciate :blush:

2 Likes

So, the same folks then

I just ran down to DEQ and drove past 400H. There was an army of Duke Energy trucks/employees onsite. Hope this means those utility lines are going underground and this project will be moving forward soon.

13 Likes

Pix, brother. Pix. :camera_flash: :smile:

2 Likes

A grading permit and some utility permits are ready to be issued for 400H. I don’t see a submittal for the building itself though.

8 Likes

I noticed this yesterday as well. Seems they were sinking a pole on Harrington across the street from 400H. Not sure the project outcome.

Building should be submitted this week. I handed over my permit drawings last Friday…

27 Likes

That’s great thanks for the info - Can you share with us height info? Is it like previously rendered on e.g. Barnhill site or higher after the height cap was removed?

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Now hopefully on to the NCAE site :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty much what you see on the barnhill rendering. I would gather a little over 220’

2 Likes

I got the Revit models today. 2 20 story towers, a deck wrapped by apartment units and a stand alone deck. There is another smaller hotel structure i have no part in. Its going to be a very nice project!

22 Likes

Woah that is a substantial change from the original right? So we went from one 20 story tower to two 20 story towers with an apartment wrapped deck AND standalone deck? Oh man I need renderings

3 Likes

Interesting that it’s now two towers. While these don’t look like they’ll take advantage of the ability to go above 250 feet (unless the previously presumed 220 feet was a typo), I’ll say that two more slender towers will be more appealing to me than one. Given that the deck is going to be wrapped by apartments, I’ll also presume that this is still a tower on a podium type development.

5 Likes

Looking at earlier renderings, you can’t really tell if it was an L shape or there was a gap in between the buildings. Maybe it’s been two towers all along.

I’m pretty sure @Teamsguy3 is referring to the NCAE site as being designed for two 20-story towers, not 400H. The latter is a very small block, and those would have to be very skinny towers indeed.

2 Likes

Totally confused now lol

2 Likes

Thanks! That makes sense, and how exciting that the NCAE site is slated for redevelopment!

What? Is this info on the wrong thread? I’m confused as well.

Where’s the NCAE site?

1 Like

I believe NCAE is the lot directly west of performing arts center. Not sure if this includes exploris or not.

:question: :question: :question: