401 Hillsborough Street

Not sure how big this news is, but two parcels on the block west of Raleigh Crossing and south of 400H were just purchased. According to the article, it is currently zoned for 20 stories and will likely be upzoned. However, there are no immediate plans to redevelop the property.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/12/21/loden-properties-northpond-partners-raleigh-deal.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_45&cx_artPos=3#cxrecs_s

10 Likes

Yep. Here we go.

13 Likes

I approve!!!

2 Likes

Does this mean State of Beer’s time on this block will soon come to an end? All for another high rise, but hate to see them leave.

1 Like

Maybe wishful thinking, but would be nice if they could move just across the street to one of the retail spots in 400H

6 Likes

Interestingly it doesn’t include Roast Grill or most of the buildings to the right of State of Beer on Hillsborough, which honestly I’d like to see go before State of Beer. I wonder if they will just move into one of them?

7 Likes

Shouldn’t be many arguments against this one. Are there any residents within 500’? Might just be property owners.

1 Like

This is what Dram & Draught did, not unthinkable. Granted that was the same developer for both properties…

1 Like

Some very vocal residents in the Quorum Center about the other rezoning requests nearby but this one is just far enough away I think.

1 Like

What the name of the new development

No name or concrete plans yet. Just rezoning right now.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners go for rezoning and the sell the property for a higher value.

1 Like

Looks like that is what they’re known for. I’m sure they’d make a killing off this lot. Amazing location, easily walkable to GS and Fayetteville St and right next to Morgan St food hall, and now also surrounded by taller development. 30+ story slender type tower would be striking here.

3 Likes

Roast Grill is going to end up like the Up house.

14 Likes

just for the iconic sign, I want to save the house! :fire: :hotdog:

2 Likes

Hahahaah, so good good Tenkai, so good.

Stick a nice ADU right behind the house and it would be perfect.

2 Likes

update on 401 HB. New owners asking for 40story. At this rate looks like Hillsborough St may be making to challenge to Fayetteville St for Raleigh’s main street :exploding_head:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/02/14/northpond-partners-loden-properties-raleigh-zoning.html

23 Likes

Fayetteville St seems to be on life support. One of the saddest main streets I’ve ever seen. Hillsborough St could easily take the title as Raleigh’s main street due to simple logistics. It basically splits the warehouse district and Glenwood South. Eventually the two districts will merge and Hillsborough St will benefit greatly.

13 Likes

Who bought the site?