401 Hillsborough Street

" A joint venture between Raleigh-based Loden Properties and Northpond Partners of Chicago teamed up with Raleigh real estate investor David Meeker to buy the properties late last year for $10.25 million."

“Henry Ward with Loden Properties said the group currently has no specific plans for the redevelopment of the site and is pursuing the rezoning to prepare the property for the future.”

“The properties are 100 percent occupied and we have leases in place for the next several years,” Ward said.

8 Likes

Can I ask why you feel that Fayetteville St is on life support? Is it because there isn’t much development? Is it the street activity? Is it something else?

2 Likes

Clearly it’s time to make Fayetteville St a Mall again. Then in 20 years when it dies again we can open it up to traffic again. The circle of life!

12 Likes

It’s not quite that bad, but it isn’t full scale main street energy, either, agreed.

I do like that Hillsborough actually lines up with one of the actual front sides of the capitol!

2 Likes

I think if you pair making it a mall with making it an open container district, you’d really have something.

9 Likes

If going by Brewgaloo and the Food Truck Rodeos, I wholeheartedly believe Fayetteville street as a mall again + open container district = win-win

12 Likes

(Fayetteville Street shouldn’t be a street) At least not one with cars (yes I know I know)

I honestly don’t think it’s that bad all things considered. I’ve seen far worse - maybe not in a city this big.

3 Likes

All of the above. Unless it’s shut down for some kind of event, there’s rarely much activity going on there after 5:00-6:00 pm. Occasionally when I watch ABC11 they’ll show a shot of Fayetteville St and there’s barely a person to be seen. The city really should consider turning it back into a mall lined with retail, restaurants and some boutique hotels. Imagine if they widened the sidewalks and turned the street into something like a canal! One can only imagine…

10 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fayetteville Street Developments

U don’t blame them. Fayetteville St. is a joke. Except for channel 11 newsroom and street-level studio. Highlands Properties ruined it for Fayetteville and who knows about the Kimbrell’s lots?

Kinda like 6th Street in Austin but there should be lots of nightclubs.

6th Street is equivalent to Glenwood - the ATX equivalent would be Congress Ave.

3 Likes

Austin’s Dominion is Raleigh’s North Hills.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fayetteville Street Developments

This block has State of Beer and The Roast Grill in it as well as Exploris. I hope they all move somewhere instead of closing for good because losing places like these really hurt the character of the city.

2 Likes

With David Meeker as part of the ownership group on this rezoning, it’s likely State of Beer gets back-filled into any new development here…kinda like Dram and Draught previously with One Glenwood…?

4 Likes

I don’t believe Roast Grill nor that northwest corner of the block are a part of the rezoning request.

11 Likes

Exploring has been talking about a move since I been there they had plans in the gateway those were scrspped. Honestly they should just expand the trailers they have for the Elementary School they have on New Bern.

1 Like

Do you mean The Domain? I agree that it’s similar, but it’s a much higher end shopping experience. IMO, It’s possible for NH to migrate in that direction.

Domain right. It’s just so generic.

1 Like