418 W. Peace St (Corner of West and Peace)

This property is being auctioned off by the DOT and is currently zoned for 12 stories. This is right across Peace St from Publix. The bidding starts 9/15.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article253948193.html

6 Likes

Isn’t this where the Devereux park is supposed to go?

I was thinking the same thing at first. Devereaux Meadows will be at 400 W Peace st. I really want to see that park come to fruition. Hopefully the city starts doing more work on that in 2022.
They mentioned in the article that the land up for sale is where the old Anderson Sanitary Products building is. Photo below of 418 W Peace St.

7 Likes

Yeah I was a little curious about how this location fits with the cycle place and Devereaux Meadows Park. Is it taking the place of one or both?

According to the article it’s only .65 acres of land so this should have no adverse impact on the park. A nice condo tower overlooking the park could make for some prime real estate.

14 Likes

When does the RFP for the county service center at 401 Capital go on the block? I thought it was going on the market last year. Hurry up!

3 Likes

Smoky Hollow Phase 4? :eyes:

1 Like

Or 5 or 6?

1 Like

Is this the time/opportunity for the DTR community to pool our resources and buy the property then build the coolest Condo in Raleigh? The DTRCondo?

10 Likes

Some condos overlooking Devereux Meadow Park would be pretty darn fantastic. I call dibs on the top unit!

6 Likes

Or a penthouse that overlooks Devereux on one side and Capital Blvd./SH3/Zimmer on the other sounds pretty doubly darn fantastic with floor to ceiling window types

3 Likes

If the City owns it why not let it be incorporated into the park. More park? Count me yes.

8 Likes

Also a daylighted or established stream must establish a 50’ riparian buffer on both sides of the bank of the stream. A due diligence thought. More sense for a park.

4 Likes

$$$ lol they won’t get an instant 5 million cash

I think the article said that the state owns the property. They used it during to he capital boulevard project.

You are correct, it is owned by State of NC. I haven’t read that rag since the railroading of Saige Martin straight out of town, and never will. BTW, the buffers should be a due diligence issue.

Looks like this just hit TBJ…

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/09/07/ncdot-auction-peace-st-property-downtown-raleigh.html

2 Likes

A day late and a dollar short…
well, more than a day late but you get the idea.

1 Like

I agree, the land should be incorporated into the park or to mixed-income housing. Land is one of our best tools to address housing affordability.

4 Likes

Who ended up winning the auction?